cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

linking a call between VG, ICM and Callmanager(UCM)

fabien_damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to track a call that goes through VG, passing by CVP, ICM and gets transferred to an agent at the end  (Call manager).

i can see in TCD table that there is a field called GUID which is the same  as the guid of CVP and the one found on the voice Gateway.

my question is how can i link this guid to the CDR of call manager. in the latter i can see the two following fields which are unique to a call:

globalCallID_callManagerId         globalCallID_callId

how does that link to the GUID.

Any input is appreciated.

Regards.

7 Replies 7

erikasasaki
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this will help, but attached is something I saw from a Cisco Live session.. it's a table of call ID's. You can use it to find common ID's on different systems for you to trace a call when troubleshooting different components. Looks like you can link the call by the SIP Call ID between the ingress gateway and CUCM.

You can watch the session here and you can also download the complete PDF file, with the table on page 37.

https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=90674&tclass=popup

Thanks for the reply and the information shared, really valuable.

however i don't think that this table exist today in any UCCE database. what i beleive that this is just a table created by the presenter to summarize different calliD on different UCCE components.

Thanks again.

Correct, this is just a visual representation of what call ids each system uses so you can see which ones to look for when you are tracing a call across the different UCCE components - it is not a table in the awdb/hds.

Might I ask additional details on what you are trying to achieve?

well, i was looking at the CDR data, and there i saw global call ID, and i was wondering how can that be linked to Cisco GUID to get an end call view (from VG till telephone) in case troubleshooting is required.

Thanks.

Hi Fabien,

Were you able link any Field in CUCM CDR to the TCD Table on ICM??

Appreciate sharing any news about this.

Kind regards,

There are a couple of really good CL presentation that cover end to end tracking of a call. That's your best bet. Personally, for me a caller ID (ANI), agent extension, and time of call make it super easy to track the specific call.

david

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there, attaching a document that shows the correlation of IDs across the various systems. Hope you find this useful.

Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: