cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loat the Admin password of the UCCX8 Administration page.

lalqatta982011
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have Call Manager 8.0(2) working fine in VMWARE. Then I installed UCCX 8 on the same server in another image in VMWARE.

initaially both of them working fine. then I forget the Admin Password of the UCCX Administartion page. can any one help me how to get the username and the password of the administartion page.

Thanks and Regards,

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Resetting the OS administrator username and password are the same as other UCOS-based products. The Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide explains how to do this under the Resetting Administrator and Security Passwords. Following this process will restore your access to the CLI.

Once you have CLI access you will need to reset the application user's password for access to the tomcat applications. This is where the documentation starts to get hazy. The Command Line Interface Reference Guide provides a different command for CCX than other UCOS-based products. It states the command to do this for CCX is "set password user security". What appears to be missing is the ability to reset the application username which apparently requires a TAC case I guess.

This is the CLI command for changing the security/SFTP password on the UCOS box. In addition to changing the security password, it will also change the passwords of the internal Unified CCX users.

Also if you set a password on the Workflow Administrator client you can reset that from within the Desktop Administrator UI.

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In UCCX 8.x during the installation you create an Application user which you use for the first time to login into the UCCX appadmin page. If you are referring to this account you can use the following commands to reset the name and password 

==========

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

====

Page 19  of the installation doc explains these commands

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/uccx801ig.pdf

If the system was integrated with CUCM then I guess you might have selected CUCM end user for appadmin rights, if you have lost password for this account then you will require TAC help.We use CET tool to make changes and CET requires root credentials

Thanks

Anuj

bhillman
Level 1
Level 1

This process requires the CET tool, which you can down

load from the box. I don't remember the URL but it is in the support forum.

The tool requires root access which requires TAC. After you have logged in once using the appadmin account you cannot use it again so resetting that password will do you no good. The CET tool will not run on a 64bit Windows 7 box either.