Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Localizing - built-in options?

Hi,

I just converted a gadget from using a CDATA section in the XML file to using a separate HTML file for its content and one anomaly in the new version is that the i18n mechanism doesn't seem to be working:

The gadget spec has this in the ModulePrefs section:

<Locale messages="en_US.xml" />

And the HTML has this:

<button type="button" class="ui-small help-icon">
    __MSG_global.button.help__
</button>

When the UI was in the CDATA section, Finesse used to render substituted text in the button, but now the UI is in a separate HTML file, substitutions are no longer being made. Does the locale substitution only work on CDATA?

I've looked in the Finesse dev guide and the opensocial docs, but the information I've seen is a bit sparse. When and how is the __MSG_* text substituted when a gadget is rendered or loaded? Is there something I can change (e.g., a parameter in the <Content> tag?) to get my HTML file into the internationalization mechanism?

Thank you!
Chris

2 Replies 2

Note: in the JavaScript files, I can do this: finesse.utilities.I18n.getString() but I'm hoping to get the HTML pre-processed the way the CDATA was previously done.

Sorry. Never tried this so don't know. Hopefully folks in this community can chime in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: