Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Portal 8.5.2 Installation in Windows 2008

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with Management Portal version 8.5.2. when I try to install this in windows 2008 R2 SP1 64 Bit server iam getting error stating that " Un supported Operating system and installer combination"

Supported combinations are:

32bit OS - 32 bit Vim.

64bit OS - 64 bit Vim

Currently running:

64bit OS

32bit process

64bit Vim build

.........aborting the install run

Did any one face these kind of issues.....

Thanks in advance....

Karthik

6 Replies 6

The current system is 64 bit OS Windows 2008 R2 SP1. In document it is saying CCMP 8.5.2  will only support

64 bit OS Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Thanks

Karthik

Yeah that's weird, I know 8.5.3 is out, have you that tried that installer?

david

No david, I havent try that.. I will try that......

--karthik

yeah I have tried that also.. I am getting the same error... any ideas????

richard.fry
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced the same issue. This is how I resolved it.

1. Check all pre-requisites .NET 3.5 Feature / Application Server Role with IIS / JRE 6u11 x64 / ASP .NET 2.0 AJAX Extension 1.0 / WSE 2.0 SP3 Runtime / SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 SP4 / SQL2005 SMO x64 - note X64 versions.
  2. Ensure that the software install is either from the CD or a mapped drive that presents the software like a CD i.e. Y:\autorun.bat
  3. Right click Y:\autorun.bat and select Run As Administrator - make sure it is the autorun.bat and not autorun.hta - windows helpfully hides the extension by default.

Hope this helps someone else.

Regards.

I extraced the iso image into disk and I tried it. This is what created the issue.

I installed a power iso and mount it to one virtual drive then installed it. Since the servers are in remote I couldnt make cds.

Then everything is fine and perfect.

Thanks guys for your suggestions

Karthik