Views
Helpful
Replies

Max call wait time for answer

NathanD68455
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking to report correctly on the highest answer wait time for incoming calls from CUIC Reporting.

The current process is using the Termination Call Detail table with the values from NetQTime.

The field name is defined as (Represents the time the call spent on Network Queue in the CallRouter). 

I would however, like to avoid the TCD and use the Call_Type_Interval table with the values from MaxCallWaitTime. The definition of this field is (The longest time a call had to wait before it was dispositioned (abandoned or answered) in this interval.)

The problem that I have ran into is there is a discrepancy between NetQTime and MaxCallWaitTime. I am trying to find the why there is a difference between the two fields, and which is the best to use for determining difference between the time from when a client called in, to the time someone answered their call (answer wait time). 

If anyone has any insight into this, I would be grateful. 
3 Replies 3

garthman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, would go with CUIC.  Curious if consistently off and...thinking things like non-queue vru scripts and ring time go in the total.  I did a quick test and found CUIC reported 40 seconds and TCD had 34 seconds net queue time and 6 seconds of ring time. 

That is odd, it is actually the opposite for me. CUIC MaxCallWaitTime reports a lower value than the TCD does for NetQTime.
It does appear to be consistently higher, one example shows it is 9 minutes higher, others may show 1-2 minutes or 20 seconds, etc. I was thinking that scripts and ring time may be included in NetQTime and that was where the difference comes, but now I am not so sure since you are seeing NetQ and Ring time equaling up to CUIC.

Interesting. May be call flow related - flow outs, RONAS, etc.  You might have to review each leg of several call samples to piece it together. 

Ultimately its not worth it.  CUIC does the heavy lifting. Of course its always possible there is a CUIC bug somewhere, this is metric is pretty well vetted by now.