Views
Helpful
Replies

Max hold time then sent to voicemail

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a script created for a call queue of one of our customer service lines.  I want to add a max hold time of 10 mins and then they get sent to voicemail.  Yes that seems short I agree, but this is what the manager is requesting.

The queue works good and callers can hit option 1 to be sent to voicemail.  I just haven't been able to figure out how to put the max hold time in there.  I have read a couple other discussions on here, but still I struggle.  Sorry I am new to this scripting.

I have attached my script so you can see it and see what suggestions you may have to make it work.

Thank you for your time,

3 Replies 3

Use the Get Reporting Stats step and look for Current Wait Duration. That will tell you in seconds how long that call has been waiting.

david

Thank you for your reply.  I am actually looking to set the max call wait time to 10 mins and then when it hits that the call is sent to voicemail.

Yes, so now you know how to get how long the call has been waiting. Now you need to add a decision element to do something with this information.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: