Views
Helpful
Replies

Menu Option to Lookup Against Directory

jarod.alley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on how to script steps to have a caller opt to spell the last name of someone in our corporate directory in order to be routed to them directly. I'm assuming you would have to reference an xml document storing this information but would really appreciate some added information if possible. 

7 Replies 7

Use Cisco Unity connection is easier and built-in.

I Appreciate your reply Amer but I'm hoping there's another method instead of dumping it into Unity. The hope is that it stays inside the CCX platform that way if mistakes are made or timeouts happen I could keep them in the script so they can choose another option or try again. If I dumped them into Unity they would be stuck inside that system.

The CCX script step "Name To User" does kind of work.

AD users need to have been imported into UCM and must be in the "Standard CCM End User" group.

That will populate the Name Dialing field, this is First Name: Agent Last Name: One

Capture.PNG

they do not need to be CCX agents.

This has never worked for us.

Today people are used to entering names as text on their Cell Phone.

To enter "one" people press 666 pause 66 pause 33 where as the "Name To User" step just wants to see 663

Graham

Thank you Graham. This looks to be closer to what I'm trying to accomplish. However, How do I use that step to dial that particular contact.

The attached script should work.

Graham

Thanks for the example script Graham. It does function in the way I'm looking for but there's still one issue I run into. What does it check against to find the users? Users I'm able to find when searching the Tools > User Management > User View section are unable to be found by the script.

I believe the User List is imported from UCM because it lists people who are not agents or supervisors.

In order for the "Name to User" step to find them they must have an entry in the "Name Dialling" field and an entry in the "Primary Extension"

Do you have people in the User List with an entry in the Name Dialling field that the script step can't find. You should also look at the user on UCM and see how many digits need to be entered to indentify this user.

Graham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: