Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating an agent to Finesse - Mixed Mode

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

UCCX 10.6 (SU1)

I enabled Finesse from the CLI on both nodes.  I created a new team with agents in CAD to test in Finesse. Idea is to build and test using a made up team and then migrate other teams over to Finesse when ready.   I am unable to find a document that explains how to migrate an existing CAD user/team over to Finesse. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Troy,

There is no such step my step documentation available.

However I was able to find this doc:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_appendix_0111.html#UCCX_RF_...

Check :Cisco Finesse Migration

I would suggest move agents queue by queue, once you have one queue configured with all reason codes ask them to start using finesse instead of CAD, start with the smallest team and move your way up.

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

(rate helpful posts)

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Troy,

There is no such step my step documentation available.

However I was able to find this doc:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_appendix_0111.html#UCCX_RF_...

Check :Cisco Finesse Migration

I would suggest move agents queue by queue, once you have one queue configured with all reason codes ask them to start using finesse instead of CAD, start with the smallest team and move your way up.

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

(rate helpful posts)

Thank You

Hi Troy,

Please mark this discussion as answered, if I was able to provide you with information you needed.

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/downloads/cad-to-finesse/index.gsp

I doubt that it will work with 10.6(1) SU1 but definitely works with v11 still you can check with TAC for final confirmation on this. If it does not, then you will need to configure everything manually as suggested by Chakshu.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I need to migrate our CAD agents to Finesse and tried the above link but il looks like it's not a valid link. Could you please let me know where I can find and download it? It will be very helpful for us as we have more than 4000 agents.

Thanks,

Mk

Deepak,

I was able to find the tool and try to export and import data from CAD to Finesse. Here's the output of the tool. Il looks like it didnot migrate the Teams and some other configuration . Does it mean I have migrate the teams manually? Would you please let me know how can I start the migration manually? 

UCCX version 10.6.1.11001-31

Connectivity check completed. Begin migration? (Yes/No):yes
Started CAD to Finesse migration script import against 10.x.x.x.
Getting Finesse teams.
Getting workgroup configurations.
Done getting workgroup configurations.
Getting reason code configurations.
Done configuring reason codes.
Getting wrapup code configurations.
Done configuring wrapup codes.
Getting phone book configurations.
Done configuring phone books.
Getting HTTP workflow configurations.
Done configuring HTTP workflows.
Getting Enterprise Data layout configurations.
Done configuring Enterprise Data layouts.
WARNING - The following configuration was not migrated. Please migrate these ite
ms manually:
Modification of Default Layout
<EnterpriseLayout(Layoutname: OODefault, Layoutdescription: OODefault, Headerfie
ld: <EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 252, CADFieldname: user.layout, Description: Di
sposition)>, FirstColumnFields: [<EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 205, CADFieldname:
 BAStatus, Description: ├ëtatBA)>, <EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 200, CADFieldnam
e: BAAccountNumber, Description: Num├®roCompteBA)>, <EnterpriseField(CADFieldId:
 201, CADFieldname: BABuddyName, Description: NomColl├¿gueBA)>, <EnterpriseField
(CADFieldId: 202, CADFieldname: BACampaign, Description: CampagneBA)>], SecondCo
lumnFields: [<EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 203, CADFieldname: BADialedListID, Des
cription: IDListeCompos├®eBA)>, <EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 204, CADFieldname:
BAResponse, Description: R├®ponseBA)>, <EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 206, CADFiel
dname: BATimeZone, Description: FuseauhoraireBA)>, <EnterpriseField(CADFieldId:
207, CADFieldname: BACustomerNumber, Description: Num├®roClientBA)>])>
<EnterpriseLayout(Layoutname: CMA, Layoutdescription: CMA, Headerfield: <Enterpr
iseField(CADFieldId: 252, CADFieldname: user.layout, Description: Disposition)>,
 FirstColumnFields: [], SecondColumnFields: [<EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 231, C
ADFieldname: Call Variable 1, Description: Variable d'appel 1)>])>
<EnterpriseLayout(Layoutname: NTER, Layoutdescription: NTER, Headerfield: <Enter
priseField(CADFieldId: 232, CADFieldname: Call Variable 2, Description: Variable
 d'appel 2)>, FirstColumnFields: [<EnterpriseField(CADFieldId: 233, CADFieldname
: Call Variable 3, Description: Variable d'appel 3)>], SecondColumnFields: [<Ent
erpriseField(CADFieldId: 234, CADFieldname: Call Variable 4, Description: Variab
le d'appel 4)>])>
Done migrating configuration to Finesse. Congratulations!
Done CAD to Finesse migration utility.

Thanks,

MK

MIghtyking,

can you post the link for the tool to migrate from CAD to Finesse. thank you

Here's the link but it looks like it's no longer available.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/downloads/cad-to-finesse/index.gsp

I have the tool, send me your email and I will try to see if I can email it to you.

Thanks,

MK

You're right that link didnt work. Here is my email id

atif_gh@hotmail.com

thank you for your help!

Will send it as soon as I get back to my office.

Thanks,

MK

mightyking,

Can you send me the tool also?

kjohnson@laserspineinstitute.com

Hello, Could you please send me that migration tool also?

volkmann@turnpike.state.nj.us

Thanks

Please send me the migration tool, lrobers@gcpud.org.

Here's where you can download the migration tool.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#previous-documentation-pdfs

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: