Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migtaion of UCCE 10.5 to PCCE 12.0

Currently we are on UCCE 10.5 and we are planning to upgrade. We are looking for some information of moving to PCCE 12.0 as capacity is increased to 12000 and 3rd party vendor hardware support. Any one migrated UCCE to PCCE please advise 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Last time I looked at migrating our UCCE to PCCE couple of years ago, I was informed by the Cisco SMEs that these are two different products/platforms. There is no direct migration path between the two products and involved rebuilding the new system separately. 

You may be able to migrate licenses if you work with accounts team. You may also be able to migrate some components like scripts, etc. in parts (import/export).

A quick lookup shows it may be still the same. I can see below documentation defects open though to fix this lack of documentation on this:

CSCvp23471
CSCvj21721
CSCvp23471

-Terry

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Last time I looked at migrating our UCCE to PCCE couple of years ago, I was informed by the Cisco SMEs that these are two different products/platforms. There is no direct migration path between the two products and involved rebuilding the new system separately. 

You may be able to migrate licenses if you work with accounts team. You may also be able to migrate some components like scripts, etc. in parts (import/export).

A quick lookup shows it may be still the same. I can see below documentation defects open though to fix this lack of documentation on this:

CSCvp23471
CSCvj21721
CSCvp23471

-Terry

Cisco at one point said that they were working on a white paper to document the migration path, caveats, etc., but I don't see anything official like you mentioned.

Hello mallappaamrutbadiger,

Did you manage to migrate and upgrade UCCE 10.5 to 12.5?

Thank You 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: