cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Agent - Getting Device Not Available signing in with nailed connection.

garthman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

Like so many out there, trying to get mobile agent working on UCCE/CVP.

Particulars:

UCCE 4000 with CVP comprehensive at 11.6.2 and Finesse 11.6.1. 

SIP trunks for incoming and out going calls.  Outbound option and off-net forwarding via ICM scripts is working.  Trying to get Mobile Agent working but getting Device not accessible error on sign on with a nailed connection.  Agent can log in with call by call mode. 

Steps so far:

Have been using whatever google gives me for install guides.

1)  Created LCP and RCP ports. 

2)  Added DNs 5647700 and 5647701 for LCP and 5647702 through 5647703 for RCP.  

3)  Associated PGUser and all have registered with CM and ACD PG

4)  CVP dial plan already has a default route to call manager so didn't add one for the LCPs, no conflicts

5) Created desk setting with Mobile agent enabled, full permissions on calls

6)  Added range 5647700 - 5647800 to agent targeting rules list

7)  Added LCPs to Device target explorer /devtype CiscoPhone /dn 5647700

8)  Can log in using call by call, when I use nailed, it thought about it for a second or two but came back with device not found and the target pstn line didn't ring.

Now stuck...

Couple of questions:

If agent can log in to call by call mode, does that tell us anything important?

Do the RCP ports need to be in the icm agent targeting range?  How does the PG know to use the RCP ports to call out?

Should the local and remote ports live in the same partition/device pool?

If outbound option and CVP offnet transfer works, do I need to do anything specifically on the routers to provision mtp or dial peers?   Do both LCP and RCP need MTP?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...really will help - essential public services in the balance.

13 Replies 13

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
What do you have selected for Mobile Agent Mode under Agent Desk Settings?

Thanks Omar, have the desk settings set at optional.  Agent can choose either.

Hi Garthman

Below you can find my thoughts, that I gathered working with Mobile Agents:

• If agent can log in to call by call mode, does that tell us anything important? - when the agent logs in the call by call mode that only tells you that the LCP port configuration is ok (LCP is treated as virtual number). In this case, you can use any external number (even not valid) and the system will let you in. The problem will appear after the first call. If something will be wrong, agent will be reserved but the call will not arrive at the external number.
  • Do the RCP ports need to be in the icm agent targeting range? How does the PG know to use the RCP ports to call out? - as far as I know, RCP ports don't need to be added to ICM ATR because the call from ICM is always directed to LCP port. As far as I know, the LCP and RCP ports are bound together by name on the CUCM. When the call arrives at LCP the CUCM notifies the RCP port to initiate an outbound call to the customer number. From the CUCM perspective LCP, RCP are SCCP registered devices. 
  • Should the local and remote ports live in the same partition/device pool? - when I did the Mobile Agent deployments, I always used the same partition/device pool.  
  • Do both LCP and RCP need MTP? - As far as I know, you will need to assign MTP to RCP ports - ex to allow DTMF interworking. I'm not sure about LCP ports.

Marek
Web: https://gaman-gt.com

Hi Marek,

Appreciate the detailed response.  I think you helped fill in some blanks for me. 

Have made the following changes:

- I Left LCP ports alone except tried a few different device pools. Seems always able to access the LCP ports, 5647700, 5647701.  The LCPs are still in the agent target rules and device target explorer ..not sure if that is necessary or redundant

- I changed the RCP port DNs to 1181050, 1181051 - which are unused DNs that are part of the range the outbound dialer uses in case dial peers are set for calling number "118XXXX"; they are not in the ATR list, but did add to device target explorer...also not sure if needed for RCP.

- Re-associated  both LCP and RCP ports with PGuser for good measure.

- Turned up tracing to 3 on jtapi ..nice to have the system to myself on Saturday :-)

-Tried to login with nailed connection using 5647700 and dial number 5083613005 (have also tried with "9, 91, and 1" prefix but our dialer lists are 10 digit so thought that would work)

-After clicking the login button, Finesse goes into action and after a few seconds I see a very quick pop saying something to the effect of "We initiated a setup call to the number you provided. Answer the phone to complete the sign in process" Then almost immediately, Device Not Accessible, contact your system administrator.. yours truly 

-From what I can tell in the logs it looks like a good portion of the config seems to be right..as you mentioned it looks like it is matching up the LCP and RCP and looks like the RCP port 1181050 is trying to make the outbound call.   Don't know if it was a red herring, but noticed the dial number entry somehow changed to seven digit (dropped the area code) during the call setup.

Ultimately it looks like it fails with PlatformExceptionImpl caught: Could not meet post conditions of connect() which doesn't ring a bell with me but wild guess sounds like maybe the call setup is failing from the RCP port to the egress gateway.

Attached the jtapi log for any home gamer who might want to take a look. 

Finesse web Services entry for the failure doesn't look interesting but just in case:

[ENTITY_ID=1131340][ERROR_DESCRIPTION=errorCode 70][command_name=LOGIN]: Received failed command response 0526550183: 172.24.0.207: Mar 21 2020 13:14:19.917 -0400: %CCBU_COMMAND_POOL-28-worker-32-3-CMD_FAILED: %[ENTITY_ID=1131340][ERROR_DESCRIPTION=errorCode 70][command_name=LOGIN]: Received failed command response 0526571090: 172.24.0.207: Mar 21 2020 13:45:42.442 -0400: %CCBU_COMMAND_POOL-28-worker-33-3-CMD_FAILED: %[ENTITY_ID=1131340][ERROR_DESCRIPTION=errorCode 70][command_name=LOGIN]: Received failed command response 0526571949: 172.24.0.207: Mar 21 2020 13:46:57.556 -0400: %CCBU_COMMAND_POOL-28-worker-34-3-CMD_FAILED: %[ENTITY_ID=1131340][ERROR_DESCRIPTION=errorCode 70][command_name=LOGIN]: Received failed command response

Thanks again for your help!  

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried calling the numbers you're using as the mobile agent endpoint from a UCM phone to make sure it can get through, that there's not some weird translation going on that you need?

Along the same lines, have you tried using an internal Cisco phone as the mobile agent endpoint, just to see if it works and you can login? Again, not what you ultimately need, but would at least eliminate some of the steps/configuration points.

I was having this same issue yesterday when logging in.

After I put in my mobile extension selected nailed connection I remembered that I forgot to put the 91 in front of my telephone number.

Not sure if you use 91 or 81 to make outgoing calls from your organization.

For me is was something that simple.

Thanks,

Carla

In general, the RCP needs to have a proper CSS that allows making PSTN outbound calls - it has to point to proper rout pattern. What I would suggest is to use DNA tool on CUCM  to verify the routing rules (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/11_5_1/CUCM_BK_CBA47A6E_00_cucm-dna-guide-115/CUCM_BK_CBA47A6E_00_cucm-dna-guide-115_chapter_010.html). I think that this tool would help you to check dial rules and also the called and calling number format. It is also possible that you will need to add an external mask on the RCP (sometimes PSTN providers allow to make outbound calls from a number that is assigned to trunk).

You will also need to consider the message from Carla. Sometimes the CUCM has a config that forces people to add a prefix before the number to make outbound calls (this should be seen in DNA tool).

Marek
Web: https://gaman-gt.com

Thank you Marek, Carla, and Bill ..will check it out the cm tool.  Have tried several device pools, partitions, and CSSs.. right now using the same config as a working SCCP phone for the LCP.  Good point about the mask, have tried a few different masks as well.

Unfortunately it didn't matter whether 10, 11, or 12 digit pstn target.   Bill got me thinking though about simplifying things to isolate, and it doesn't work using 7 digit on the call manager either...no pstn so don't think the mask is in play there.    

Carla, curious if you can log in using the LCP port extension (instead of a regular acd phone) in non-mobile agent mode?  Mine will let me login in call by call mode with the LCP DN, but fails when I use LCP as the extension in normal mode. I know it wouldn't be able to answer a call, but does it let you login?  Also can you login mobile agent mode with a 7 digit pbx number?

thanks you all for your help over the weekend.. really appreciate it! 

This is a little older document, but since they no longer do a doc specifically for Mobile Agent, thought it might help you. It also specifically calls out that the targeting rule is for LCP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise9_0_3/user/guide/UCCE_BK_UFAEED16_00_ucce-mobile-agent-guide/UCCE_BK_UFAEED16_00_ucce-mobile-agent-guide_chapter_010.html#PCCE_TK_CA201CEE_0...

Thanks Bill, appreciate it. I think that is one I stumbled across as well, but good to know I'm working with the latest and greatest - v9  :-)  Have sent an update to Marek with additional info if you're still interested. thanks again for your help! 

Hello,
I was having this same issue yesterday when logging in.

After I put in my mobile extension selected nailed connection I remembered that I forgot to put the 91 in front of my telephone number.

Not sure if you use 91 or 81 to make outgoing calls from your organization.

For me is was something that simple.
Also make sure that person has a DT and are putting in the correct TN

Thanks,
Carla

Thanks Carla, 

Bill and Marek are following along too, but wanted to get back to you.

Glad you got the issue resolved with the dial pattern.  I must not be that far along..maybe having config trouble with my LCP ports. 

Curious if you can log in using the LCP port extension (instead of a regular acd phone) in regular non-mobile agent mode?   I know it wouldn't be able to answer a call, but does it let you login?  Also can you login mobile agent mode nailed with a 7 digit pbx number?

Mine will let me login in call by call mode with the LCP DN, but fails when I use LCP as the extension in normal mode, and of course nailed mode.

thanks for your help!

Hi All, just wanted to circle back to let you know we got this working. 

Just to clarify for what its worth the symptom was Device not Accessible (I mistakenly reported Available).   Issue was the calling search space and mask on the RCP.  thanks again for your support! Great group here.