Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Agents UCCX/Finesse with WebRTC phone or without VPN

Dear Team,

We need clarify one deployment doubt. Currently we need deploy a Contact Center solution based in the agent mobility.

Any way to have the UCCX agents working directly from internet without any VPN and with a unified Interface (no apps)?

I'm not sure if WebEx Teams support WebRTC technology (or if this is in roadmap). The idea is integrate the web app as a Gadget in the Finesse interface and access this interface directly from Internet.

If the app is a must, can I register Jabber or WebEx Teams via MRA to the CUCM + publish the Finesse interface (via NAT?) to Internet?

Is this a valid deployment?

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

You and i wearing the same shoes. We can register jabber to cucm via expressway. Then nat the ip address of finesse server.

However, cisco recommends vpn and extend and connect feature.

Personally I prefer expressway and natting the ip of the finesse server

Thanks Collins for the confirmation, however I think the ideal in this case is use a WebRTC softphone integrated with Finesse Interface for the agents. I think this isn't available today, correct? Any in roadmap?

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I recently attended demo from Comstice which provides Cisco Finesse Softphone Connectivity without VPN connection. They use built-in WebRTC Phone which communicates with their WebRTC Gateway. Here is URL for more details:

https://comstice.com/cisco-finesse-desktop-agent-ucce-uccx 

Make sure that all your requirements (such as recording etc.) are supported over their solution.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks Vaijanath, the issue here is need a Third-Party integrator (increment the cost of the solution). Cisco have any idea to provide this natively? I think implement something like a WebEx Teams webrtc phone gadget inside the Finesse interface not sound a costly solution to develop.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are right. The third party solution will be add-on cost to the existing Cisco solution.

I do not have any information whether what you are looking is in Cisco's roadmap or not but you can reach out to your account manager to get more details.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi, this isn't probably your best solution, but what about using Finesse IP Agent in your scenario?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/212115-Configure-and-Troubleshoot-Finesse-IP-Ph.html

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

How do we access the finesse web page from the internet?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: