Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH has brief pause when transferring to other phone

paul_1004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a situation that is not a typical call centre but is using UCCX and performs most of what we need well.  There are a couple of things we have noticed that I would like to see if there are workarounds (I have created these as separate discussion items)

The following example is if we have two agents available

• The call rings on one agents phone whilst ringing the customer hears MOH
  • The call times based on the value in select resource and then goes to the other agent.  When this happens the MOH has a very brief pause (fraction of a second but noticeable). Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The call is connected to the CTI port and that has two different holds available, "User Hold" and "Network Hold".

I always create a Music on Hold on UCM which is the sound of a phone ringing. I set the "Network Hold" to the phone ringing.

Capture.PNG

When a caller is waiting in the queue they hear the default hold music. When the Agents phone starts ringing it switches to Network Hold and the MOH changes to ringing so the caller hears a phone ringing.

This does three things, it tells the caller their call is progressing, second when the agent answers the caller is expecting the phone to be answered and thirdly in eliminates the vast majority of callers hanging up while the agent phone is ringing.

If the agent does not answer and CCX pulls the call back it switch hold back to User Hold. If the next agent is available it immediately switches back again to Network hold. So the hold being switched twice is the slight delay the caller is hearing.

The real fix here is to get the agents to answer their phone when it rings.

Graham

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There really shouldn't be a noticeable pause, but I guess we all perceive the world around us differently. I have never noticed a pause in the scenario you have described, but then again, perhaps your scripting is facilitating the pause with certain steps being executed, (e.g., take the caller off hold briefly before putting them back on hold immediately after) Or perhaps your network latency is high between CUCM and UCCX, or the CPU is high on UCCX, etc. If you cannot figure out the source of the problem, perhaps you can pick a different music file to play which hides the pauses better?

Can you post your scripting here for us to review?

The call is connected to the CTI port and that has two different holds available, "User Hold" and "Network Hold".

I always create a Music on Hold on UCM which is the sound of a phone ringing. I set the "Network Hold" to the phone ringing.

Capture.PNG

When a caller is waiting in the queue they hear the default hold music. When the Agents phone starts ringing it switches to Network Hold and the MOH changes to ringing so the caller hears a phone ringing.

This does three things, it tells the caller their call is progressing, second when the agent answers the caller is expecting the phone to be answered and thirdly in eliminates the vast majority of callers hanging up while the agent phone is ringing.

If the agent does not answer and CCX pulls the call back it switch hold back to User Hold. If the next agent is available it immediately switches back again to Network hold. So the hold being switched twice is the slight delay the caller is hearing.

The real fix here is to get the agents to answer their phone when it rings.

Graham

"The real fix here is to get the agents to answer their phone when it rings."
Most problem revolve around a personnel issue, and most solutions are bandaids for fixing root causes. Too true.

Hi Graham,

That makes sense with the swapping between the two.  I am having a meeting with the team next week to discuss the way these are being answered (or not).

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Anthony, 

I know I sent this in the other question but I have added here for completeness.  The answer Graham has put would make sense this is what I am hearing.   I will however get the system performance checked out.

Thanks,

Paul

UCCX script.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: