Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Agent Calls Silently

cigalahgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have new UCCX 9.0 server and I want to listen the calls between my call agents and the customers silently. I know its possible but unfortunately I am not getting any step by step article to perform this.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

cigalahgroup
Level 1
Level 1

I have finished doing the call recording and I beleive I should write a blog and help people how to achieve the task.

Hi,

excellent. You might want to create a Document at this Forum.

G.

In order to listen to agents in CAD. Go into CCX>Tools>User Management>[Select Subscriber to be assigned Supervisor Privs] 

Click on the Subscriber, scroll down to the bottom in "Available Capabilities". Select "Supervisor". Then click the left arrow butto to move into "Selected Capabilities".

Scroll up and click Update. 

Open Supervisor desktop

Select a team from the drop down.

In the "Agents" window (bottom left) click to expand "Agents"

Look through the list of agents on a call. Click to highlight the agent on a call in progress

At the top under the "Menu" you will see icons. The "Start Voice Monitor" icon should be in color. Click on it. You'll now hear the discussion in progress between the agent and the customer. The agent will not see you or hear you listening in. The customer will not hear any audible tone alerting them you are on the call. 

Like Gergely Said, if you share that infor here, will be awesome! :)

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To configure desktop based recording and monitoring .Complete these steps:

1. Make sure that the Agent/Supervisor phones have SPAN TO PC PORT set to enabled.

2. Make sure that the Advertise G.722 Codec option in the enterprise parameter menu of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager is set to Disabled, as UCCX Desktop Monitoring does not support the G.722 codec.

3. The agents extension should be Unique on Call Manager, as the lines that are going to be monitored or recorded cannot be shared lines.

4. Make sure that Windows Firewall is disabled on the Agent/Supervisor Desktops.

5. Launch PostInstall.exe from the C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder on the agent PC. This should have the correct IP address of the NIC card that the PC is using. If the PC is using two NIC cards, one of them should be disabled. Desktop monitoring does not work if teaming is enabled on the NIC cards.

NIC binding should have the NIC used to record the first one at the Agent and Supervisor PCs. Right-click on My Network Places, select Properties > Advanced > Advanced Settings, and the recording NIC should be the first one in the Connections field. If not, move it to the first position, and reboot the PC.

6. The phone should be a daisy chain. For example, PC > IP Phone > Network.

7. The Recording Count must not be set to ZERO. Complete this step in order to ensure this is not the case:

From the Cisco Unified CCX Administration page, go to System > System Parameters, and set the number of the recording count appropriately.

On the UCCX server, complete these steps:

Note:- Recording and monitoring will not work in wireless NIC card so make sure u have wired NIC

And if you have symantec antivirus then make sure its disabled .

If you have configued above steps correctly then i am sure recording and monitoring will work properly .

Regards

Ravi

1. From the Navigation bar, choose Cisco Desktop Administrator.

2. Go to Services Configuration > Multiline, Monitoring and Recording > VOIP Monitoring Device, make sure that the default Monitor Service is selected, and Desktop Monitoring is enabled for each agent.