cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More than one icm monitoring WS - UCCE

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We currently have a number of AW client workstations set up to administrate our ucce 10.5 but the monitoring feature is only on one of them. Is this correct or can we 'turn' it on there others if so what do we need to do

Thanks 

8 Replies 8

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

What do you mean by the "monitoring feature"?

Regards,
Geoff

Geoff 

I mean monitoring mode in icm script editor in config. Manager 

Regards 

Right - thought you were referring to that.

On the AW Clients that have a problem, do you have a real-time feed? Validate by running Router Log Viewer.

Regards,
Geoff

Not at my desk at the moment, back tomorrow but will check then 

If it isn't running what do I need to do  or if it is,  again what do I need to do 

We can make changes on there other client but can not monitor 

Thanks again 

Admin Clients talk to AW Distributors and get their feed through it. How are your clients arranged? Do you have two Distributors acting as a pair that the AW Clients connect to? In such an arrangement, the primary has a direct Router connection and the secondary talks to the primary. If the primary fails, the secondary opens a direct Router connection. This provides fault tolerance for the AW client. 

It may be that the AW clients that have a problem are connected to a Distributor that also cannot get the real time feed.

If you could describe the arrangement of the Distributors and the AW Clients it could help.

Regards,
Geoff

I've taken over the site so zero docs or lld, hld. I need to at the set up, configuration of them 

Geoff

I suppose the first question is - Can you have more then one AW being able to run script monitoring, so users can log on other AW stations to monitor scripts independently from each other at the same time ?

I`ve done some looking, on the AW which is able to show monitoring has the Primary Admin & Data Server, when running AW setup,  as AWHDS1 and AWHDS2. I`ve checked the regedit on both of there servers under  SOFTWARE>>ICM>>customerID/Instance>Distributor- so I guess these are the distributors in  UCCE

The other AW which points to another UCCE , when checking its regedit is not set up as a distributor - is this the reason why the second one can not use script monitor?

Is it just the case of changing the second AW to point to other same distributor as the working ones i.e AWHDS1 and AWHDS2?

thanks

The answer to the first question is yes, of course. Normally there is a side A and a side B separated by some distance. AWHDS1 is at side A; AWHDS2 is at side B. There can be more HDS servers - sometimes there can be special types like HDS-DDS, so I don't know what you have. Let's assume AWHDS1 at side A and AWHDS2 at side B.

You could have Client AWs CLAW1 and CLAW3 at side A; CLAW2 and CLAW4 at side B (typical numbering - odds at side A, evens at side B).

You would configure CLAW1,3 with the primary connection to AWHDS1 and the secondary to AWHDS2. You would configure CLAW2,4 with the primary connection to AWHDS2 and the secondary connection to AWHDS1. This is pretty obvious - we want a local connection if we can get it and redundancy.

If you have a third site for Client AWs that is not near the data centers for side A and side B it does not matter which AWHDS is primary and which is secondary. Normally you try to share the load.

>>>The other AW which points to another UCCE 

What is that box?

I would say that the last comment is what you should do, although you may keep in mind the geography when deciding which is primary and which is secondary.

I would prefer to see a more detailed accounting of all of the AW, AWHDS, CLAWs to be sure I am giving you good advice.

Regards,
Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: