Views
Helpful
Replies

More variables

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

I am adding some functionality to an existing application and I am running out of call variables.

I have used the callVariable1 to 10, but I need some more.

I read about adding ECC variables, but these extra variables should also appear in reporting, like the callVariable1-10 do

These new call variables do not need to be displayed on finesse desktop, they are only used in the script to set some values and later to see these values in the reporting

Is that possible?

Thanks

JH

3 Replies 3

Your post is labeled UCCX, but do you mean UCCE/PCCE? If you mean UCCE/PCCE, your options might include:

* Using the 10 Peripheral Variables, but concatenating some of the data with a delimiter to fit more in there (i.e. instead of Variable 1 being Sales and Variable 2 being Food, Variable 1 might be Sales|Food or Sales;Food, etc. This way you can still use them for routing/reporting.

* You could use ECC variables, but they are not going to appear as "easily" or in as many tables like the Peripheral Variables would, like in Route_Call_Detail or Termination_Call_Detail. They will appear in other tables.

* You could use CVP Reporting by writing data in CVP applications, but that has it has caveats as well.

IMHO, your best bet if you can is to use Peripheral Variables and review what you have already to squeeze in what you want.

Hi

No, I mean UCCX, also in UCCX we use finesse and you can create variables.

I am using already the 10 build in callVariables, but I need more (actually customer)

I shall try some ECC variables, but my main concern is that they won't be in reporting

You have some links on how to create ECC variables?

JH

Hey JH

In uccx you can't add more variables then customvariables 1-10 that yoou allready use.

Only possible way is to put the new variables on a external datastore that you cna reference to (And build some custmo reports with a new datasource to you external datastore.)

You can still 

Using the 10 Peripheral Variables, but concatenating some of the data with a delimiter to fit more in there (i.e. instead of Variable 1 being Sales and Variable 2 being Food, Variable 1 might be Sales|Food or Sales;Food, etc. This way you can still use them for routing/reporting.

as bill.king is writing

Regards

Thomas

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: