cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving UCCX scripts from 10.6 to 11.6

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

Moving UCCX scripts from 10.6 to 11.6, do I have to open and re-save them or can i just put them in script repository?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You know how with Prompts, you can just click the folder name, and it will download as a ZIP? Of course, if the folder is too big, Tomcat will hang. I wrote a Python script which bulk downloads all Scripts off a UCCX server. You could probably adapt this to work with Prompts and Documents too.

https://twitter.com/avholloway45633/status/647450649353846784

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey Justin,

Are you moving scripts between two separate UCCX clusters or are you upgrading UCCX from 10.6 to 11.6 and verifying that the scripts will be retained?  If they are separate, then it should be as straight forward as downloading them from Script Mgmt and making sure they are saving with the .aef extension.  Then on the 11.6 cluster, essentially upload the scripts as needed.  If you are upgrading, they should be retained and migrated during the upgrade.  As a precaution, I always download my scripts and prompts in case they are lost or become corrupt during an event.

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

You know how with Prompts, you can just click the folder name, and it will download as a ZIP? Of course, if the folder is too big, Tomcat will hang. I wrote a Python script which bulk downloads all Scripts off a UCCX server. You could probably adapt this to work with Prompts and Documents too.

https://twitter.com/avholloway45633/status/647450649353846784

Mukesh Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Justin,

if you are upgrading the same system, then you need not to do anything. it will work fine. But if you face any issue with script, just download new UCCX editor from upgraded system and open script in new editor, validate script and upload it. But you might not require this.

Regards,

Mukesh

I am not upgrading, I am moving agents/scripts from one cluster to a another and new cluster will be 11.6.  In the past I did this for 8.5 to 10.6 but I had trouble with saving script, wanted to know if there was another option

Hey Justin - I don't believe there are any tools for migrating scripts between clusters.  I believe its going to be the "save and upload" method I described earlier.  I assume there is a reason for not wanting to do an in place upgrade from 10.6 to 11.6?

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Yes Cisco CAD and need support for UPNs aka @ symbols.