cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Instances Of ICM

Alok Mohanty
Level 1
Level 1

In my environment we are having 2 different instances of ICM.

With separate Central Controllers , ACD/VR PGs and other Servers.

As we are opening a center at a new site for both instances , we are considering to have One ACD PG with 2 instances running in it.

Though theoritically possible , I was said such a setup would Only be possible if we have both the instances running together in same Central Controller.Servers.

I have confirmed in my case the instance numbers are different , so does anyone have a similar setup or is aware of one.

Thanks

Alok

4 Replies 4

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

You cannot have one PG serve two different ICM environments. You'll need two PGs, one for each environment, and furthermore the devices and extensions they monitor cannot overlap.

Oleh Doroshenko
Level 1
Level 1

There are some misunderstanding in your words. If you mean 1 server and 2 different PGs on it for your instances - yes it will work. If u mean 1 PG on 1 server for serving 2 instances - no, it will not work, as Ed said.

Alok Mohanty
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Ed and Oleg.

I was said One Server with 2 instances of PG can be supported ONLY IF both Central Controller instances are in the same box.

I am unable to see the logic behind this , as PG is communicating with the IP Address of Central Controller as mentioned in its configuration.

Thanks

Alok

Of course you can.

A single server can host TWO PGs per instance.

So you could certainly have a PG1A for instance 0, and PG1A for instance #1, running on the same server.  They can absolutely connect to two different sets of central controllers.  The instance numbers selected determine the range of TCP/IP ports used by the services.  So long as there's no conflicts, you should be all set.

They could even both be talking to the same ACD, assuming its CTI links support it.  You would definitely need to ensure the ACD & ICM configs don't overlap.  Instance 0 would monitor trunks A, B, and C, and skills D, E, and F, and instance 1 would monitor trunk groups G, H, and I, and skills J, K, and L.