Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple session from same system Finesse

yogeshkumarlog
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We developing 3rd party call control web application based on Finesse API. We come across a particular scenario where we want to know if Cisco consider it as a bug.

The scenario is for Finesse-UCCE:

Agent can log in to Finesse from firefox as Agent 1.

From the same PC he can open IE and login as Agent 2.

So basically in same session from one system two agent can login. Is this considered as a bug in Cisco and there will be fix in future or this is the way system supposed to behave?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

No, this is not a bug. You can run as many Agents as you want in as many browsers as you can figure out how to run. ☺ The thing is, that you have to ensure that any browser running have their own Cookie instances. When I do Development, I use FireFox’s Profile Manager<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles> and run 3 clients at the same time. Obviously it is on you to use the browser responsibly…have enough resources…etc…

Now, if you are using a 3rd Party Application, how is this a question of supportability from us? It would be on you to properly write your application to deal with this, etc…

Not sure if my answer above helped,

g.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

No, this is not a bug. You can run as many Agents as you want in as many browsers as you can figure out how to run. ☺ The thing is, that you have to ensure that any browser running have their own Cookie instances. When I do Development, I use FireFox’s Profile Manager<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles> and run 3 clients at the same time. Obviously it is on you to use the browser responsibly…have enough resources…etc…

Now, if you are using a 3rd Party Application, how is this a question of supportability from us? It would be on you to properly write your application to deal with this, etc…

Not sure if my answer above helped,

g.

Thanks Gary,

We are building 3rd party application and we were not sure about this particular scenario. So, we finally decided to implement it in the same way as Finesse works. So that we have good reference point.

Your Answer above helped.

Cheers,