cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple UCCX extensions

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know if it is possible to have multiple UCCX extensions assigned on a phone?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see anywhere in the latest release notes for 8.5(1), that you cannot do that.  But on the flip side, it also does not say that you can.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/release/guide/uccx851rn.pdf

In testing, I have gotten many unsupported confgurations to work, but in production, I would never implement anything other than the supported configurations, unless approved by the client in writting.

Agree with Anthony fully... I think what you are asking is whether you can have (for example) 6 lines on a 796x phone, with each phone linked to a different UCCX user?

I imagine you could, but if two agents logged in at once you would have a world of pain and confusion with which phone was being answered by who.

If you need people to share a phone, have them use Extension Mobility - this is a tried, tested and recommended solution.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Actually, I would like to have an agent take calls for multiple queues, where a call from queue A would not affect the idle time of the extension on queue B.

But maybe I am trying to go about it the wrong way...  Any thoughts?

Example:

2 - CSQs, Sales and Customer Service

There are alot more agents in the Sales CSQ then the Customer Service CSQ.  The sales agents need to act as an overflow for the customer service CSQ.

I am currently running skills-based routing, but the sales manager doesn't want an overflow call to affect their idle time (all of the sales people hold the same skill level, except for managers.)

The sales manager doesn't want his people missing out on call distribution because they are taking calls for customer service.

Hi

I'm not sure where you are going with this - an agent can only be in one state at a time...

If he's talking - he's talking...

If he's idle - he's idle...

Etc.

This applies regardless of number of lines (if it were possible to have more than one, he can talk to only one at a time, and if talking to any he is busy) or number of queues (which is irrelevant to agent 'idle' time).

On the other hand queues don't come into this equation - for a given caller, their queue time would be the same regardless of how many lines an agent had. If there is one agent available to service two queues, then Queue A callers will affect queue time of Queue B callers. That's not a technical issue; it's staffing.

Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

You pretty much answered my question.  I was thinking of things on a per queue basis as opposed to a per agent basis.  Thanks for the input!

Hi

Was just responding to your last post when this came in :-)

That's it - an agent is busy or talking.

Your customer wants you to set the system up so that an agent talking to a customer on a Customer Service call can take a new Sales call that arrives. You need to ask him how he imagines that working - does he want the CS call to be dropped? Returned to a queue? Answer is probably no.

Aaron