cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold stops playing after 15 minutes

helloms_120
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco Unified ICM 11.6. I have an issue with my music on hold wav file stops playing after 15 minutes, but the call stays connected. I created a 3 minute wav file with the hold message + 30 seconds of music in between messages. I thought it should continue to loop until an agent becomes available. Anyone had this issue and found a solution? Thanks

28 Replies 28

I grabbed the wrong log

If using a shorter wav file caused the call to fail in a shorter time then you're probably hitting the max node count in an ICM script. Can you look in your rtr log for the following "executed for more that 1000 nodes."?

david

David, He says that this what's happening - so probably not max ICM loops. Could it be his CUBE or GW?

"The ICM script continues to loop until the agent answers. I even hear a lot of static once the music stops but the script continues to loop"

@janinegraveswell I'm confused because he also said this "Thanks everyone for your responses. I just did another test with a shorter wav file. It looped up until 9:46 into the call and the system error prompt played and ended the call. It usually goes to the 15 minute mark and just stops playing but the call stays connected." Which is what I was responding to, so maybe there are multiple issues OP is experiencing.

david

Right, I got a couple of emails directly and he said that the call doesn't stop, it's just that the audio stops playing and he hears **static** instead until the call goes to the agent. Any ideas?

Ok so to recap:

- Call plays audio no problem, then randomly stops playing audio. It stops playing at different intervals.

- Call does not drop but actually arrives to agent, but they hear static when they answer.

- If call is answered before audio stops everything is good.

If so, then the issue is more than likely on the UC side. GW, CUBE. What's the call path?

david

Yes after my last test, the wav file looped until the 15 minute mark and I heard static, but the script kept looping. The script never errors out.

Cisco Virtualized Voice Browser Administration
System version: 11.6.1.10000-14
Active Master Version: 11.6.1.10000-14
Active Version Installed Software Options:
ciscovb.1161.ES01.84.cop

Cisco Unified ICM/CCE/CCH - Script Editor
Version 11.6.2

Attached is an overview of the call path

What does your ICM script look like? Can you post a picture of it?

david

Attached is the script. The top half and bottom half.

Do both microapps play correctly? Can you get rid of the Wait nodes, those really don't work as expected in CCE. Can you remove them and make another call and see what happens. Also, can you confirm that both microapps work and can you show me the configuration of one of them?

david

Yes both apps are playing correctly. I am testing now. Attached is the configuration for one of them.

So after testing, at 15 minutes I got static but I was still connected to the call. I eventually went Ready with my test agent and received the call.

Hi, so same question as before, if you use a different Microapp, does it work/go past 15 minutes. Is this issue limited to this particular one?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: