cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need convert ccx8.5 single server to First Node; allow HA Second Node validation.

Casey Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ccx 8.5 single node and need to make ccx cluster (add HA node) for redundancy; my license includes HA -- and I've configured existing node for  DNS.

1) I already added the 2nd Node server via CCX Admin on existing Node.

2) While installing ccx8.5 on 2nd server (not yet complete); configuration validation w/ existing node FAILS = msg "Configured first node <> is not a First Node".

How do I update the existing, heretofore operational, single node to behave as a First Node and allow HA 2nd Node?

Or, must I install 2nd Node as single to complete THEN logon CCX Admin to new node and add to cluster (point to existing/1st Node)?

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The steps to complete this process are outlined in the Installation Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/uccx851ig.pdf

Specifically the two sections titled:

Add and Configure the Second Node for HA

Configuring the Second Node for HA

While you said you obtained an HA license, you didn't mention if you have CUCM or CUCME.  CUCME does not support HA.

There could be a few things wrong, and I wouldn't rely too much on the helpful error message to tell you the exact issue.  It could be invalid licensing, a restart might be required, network reachability, you have more than one uccx in the environment, etc.

PS I like your use of the word "heretofore"

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Casey,

Have you added your second Node details in the UCCX first Node (UCCX Admin->System->Server) and than do the second node installation. Also make sure that both these nodes are reachable to each other.

And also while installing the Second Node, you need to select This is not the first Node step, so that it will prompt you to enter the first node details.

As Anthony rightly said, please crosscheck your UCCX HA license (open the License Information page from the first node), I also hope it's either Enhance\Premium license and a Valid one.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Anthony -- I have CUCM with Premium license for CCX as HA Enabled.

anchoudh --

1) Yes, I had already added new 2nd node in ccx administration.

2) After select NOT 1st node then enter First Node details -- config validation failed as stated above.

I have since completed NTP synchronization for First Node (which was set local previously); BUT still get same error msg at same point of configuration validation of First Node "Configured first node <> is not a First Node"...perhaps my Security Password is wrong, so I will reset and retry with a new/known good SecurityPW.

aniramac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Casey,

1. Are you keying in the right cluster security password? You may want to reset it (details are there in the admin guide) and try again.

2. What is the output of "show version active" on your first node? Do you have any patches / SUs installed?

Thanks & Regards, Anirudh "Protocol, then product"