cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to create a read only replicate of the UCCX agent and call databases, looking for help.

fred.skrotzki
Level 1
Level 1

So I was asked to give access to the UCCX databases so that some of our data mining engineers can see what interesting stuff they can access and come up with to help in product development and marketing.  I DO NOT want to give the direct access to the UCCX servers and databases as they have been known to write test queries that take hours to run and can cripple a box.  So I'm looking for a way to create a clone of the database tables on a server of their own and they can then beat that up all they want.

Was kind of hoping there was an already built in setup like what is available for pushing out the Billing records from the CUCM CDR side .  Yes they have that already configured and they still want more data access as they can't get things like hold time, wrap up time, etc, silly database people.

So some of the things they are trying to do are associate an inbound call with whom took the call, what was that customers internal tracking number and then look at the internal records of our systems, which products were certain queries run on to get the answer and how much time did the operator actually talk versus having to put the customer on hold to get help (This is the part we can't get from the CDR for example) and was the hold time because the system they are querying was slow or was the operator needing better training on how to get the needed data to the customer quicker.  Also tie calls from regions of the country to which types of internal product queries certain agents are doing.  Yes this something that CUIC can't generate a report on because it connects to the backend of several of our systems..

Anybody have any leads or instructions on doing this?  I have no problem telling them to stand up an Informix database and setup some form of master to alternate read only slave replication.  Yes also understand that this means I'll have to configure the UCCX primary and backup servers (master and slave) to do this whenever one of them is the master.

Current version of UCCX is 11.6.x

2 Replies 2

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have access to a MS SQL box. You can install the informix OBDC drivers on the box and setup a linked server that you can just dump / replicate the data to MS SQL server database
LinkedInformix.JPG

Can you expand on this?  So the database they would like to use is in the cloud in AWS and the call center boxes are local in two different offices on different coasts.  So the challenge I see is we can't get the AWS MSSQL server to connect to the UCCX boxes directly, but could make them reach out and touch the AWS boxes...

Also looking at your screen it looks like something is pushing delta changes is that a programmed option or schedule-able thing as they don't need accurate to the moment, but say once an hour?  Like I said this is something that the CUCM CDR part while very simple solved nicely ,they may not like it but from my perspective it was simple, clean and programmable.