cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to know what files should be updated with JNDI and DB connection info for Call Studio DB connection to work

Intellione01
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a new install of CVP Call Studio and trying to setup the environment correctly.  

Need to know what files should be updated in order for the Database element to connect to external database.  What files should the JNDI name be inserted?

I have in the Catalina_Home /context.xml, in the Server.xml, and the web.xml but not connecting.  Error: cannot find JNDI datasource

37 Replies 37

1.What's in the error log?

2. When you execute the stored proc on sqlserver, what's the full command look like?

3. What's in your setting named sql query?

I have attached the query that I have inserted in the SQL Query.i have also created session data instead of element data

Janine,

I was given the java class code to use to connect but not sure where to add this.  this may be the piece that is missing:  if you can tell me where to add this?

Well, you don't need that Java class file, as you seem to be connected to the dB.

That sql query is crazy! 

Trouble shooting 101 : create a simple stored proc where you pass 1 argument and get 1 thing back.

Test it to ensure you can call it successfully. 

Lol!  I agree, but this is the simplified query.  it will get more involved as we add more parameters to check. 

I will try to do just one line.  But there is something missing that we can't see the stored procedure but get to the database.  Let me get with the DB admin and see what else there is to get to the stored procedure.  Thanks and have a great weekend. As I said before, your help was so valuable!  I would not have progressed this far.  I was at a stopping point on this one.  But you have given me new life!  we may actually get this working! 

have a great weekend!  I will let you know next week what I get from the DBAdmin.

try executing a simple select statement and ensure you get something back.
have a good weekend.

OK, so I assume you extracted the actual jar file from within the zip that you sent me.
When I call a Stored Procedure, I need to include 'dbo.'  before the procedure name, and start with the word exec:  Exec dbo.procname

Hello Janine,

I have a question regarding that topic:

one of my clients already have a context file with successful connection to SQL server 2016. now he wanna add a new connection to another SQL 2000 database.

I tried to add the resource into the context file and restart the VXML Service, but the connection still cannot be established. to note that my Lib folder contains the drivers sqljdbc41 and sqljdbc42 and to my knowledge, these drivers are not compatible with SQL server 2000(Please correct me if i am wrong).

then i tried to install a driver that is compatible with SQL server 2000 and i have added the driver to Lib folder. but after doing that change, connection to the SQL database 2016 stopped.

is it possible to connect to 2 different database versions through the context file?? and if yes , what do you suggest to resolve my problem?

Thank you!!