cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to Understand what the diffrent options for Compliance Recording in UCCX

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if we need just the basic Compliance recording license "CCX-11-CR-LIC" or something more.

We have UCCX 11.5 and are looking to do call recordings on our agents.
I think its pretty basic just need to make sure the calls are recorded and for the supervisors to have a web interface to view these calls. I understand that I will need to spin up a windows server and SQL server for the recordings. Does the above license include the front end media?

Besides the above do we need to include anything else. I see some talk about Work Force Management and Quality Management servers...is that really needed in my case?

Can the windows servers be installed on a physical server or is VMware/Hyper-V needed.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I hear ya. Well, I only ask because these questions are easily answered by a partner, who has access to the ordering guides. Also, even if you find out the answer, you cannot purchase the required software, licensing, and maintenance contracts without your partner...so....what did you plan on doing, once you had the answer?

To your question about needing WFM and AQM: No, you don't need WFM for call recording, and on AQM, the answer is a little trickier. See, the product is called QM, but the license levels for QM are CR and AQM. Sometimes people use AQM for the product name, and actually QM used to also be a license level, along side CR and AQM. I.e., QM can be licensed for CR, QM, or AQM named users. So, yes, you will need a QM server, which is then just technically your CR server; but CR is the license level you put on QM. Makes sense?

As for system requirements, the install guide has these listed, which is public, and not partner only, like the ordering guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_11_5/installation/guide/qm-installation-guide-cisco-115.pdf

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Not to sound harsh, but it sounds like you need help from a reseller. Do you not work with anyone right now? Like a Cisco partner for example?

HI Anthony, we do I just don't know if its overkill based on what was recommended. We only have a need for about 8 Agents and only need to view the call recordings. Not really much more than that.

Thanks,

Dan

I hear ya. Well, I only ask because these questions are easily answered by a partner, who has access to the ordering guides. Also, even if you find out the answer, you cannot purchase the required software, licensing, and maintenance contracts without your partner...so....what did you plan on doing, once you had the answer?

To your question about needing WFM and AQM: No, you don't need WFM for call recording, and on AQM, the answer is a little trickier. See, the product is called QM, but the license levels for QM are CR and AQM. Sometimes people use AQM for the product name, and actually QM used to also be a license level, along side CR and AQM. I.e., QM can be licensed for CR, QM, or AQM named users. So, yes, you will need a QM server, which is then just technically your CR server; but CR is the license level you put on QM. Makes sense?

As for system requirements, the install guide has these listed, which is public, and not partner only, like the ordering guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_11_5/installation/guide/qm-installation-guide-cisco-115.pdf

Thanks Anthony, based on what you said we talked more with the Partner and it looks like AQM is not what we need but, can get by with just the CR license and Quality Management since our need is really only basic call recording/supervised call recording. I just wanted to have a little more understanding before going into conference calls and meetings extra.

Thanks for the assist!

Dan

Cool man! I'm glad it went well. Good luck with it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: