cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network location for IPCC server

supernetdude
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Call Manager 4.0x server located at COLO site.Remote sites connect to COLO location for phone and voicemail services.

We want to add call center at one location. This location will start with 20 agents and go up to 40 within 12 to 24 months. We want to know if the IPCC express server can be located at the remote site with the agents or if it must be located at the same location as the Call Manager (at the COLO). We cannot

find documentation on network requirements for IPCC placement.

3 Replies 3

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes, agent can sit in remote location.

Refer IPCC Express Solution Referene Network design document for various deployment scenarios

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1028/cdccont_0900aecd800f351c.pdf

Regards

Yogi

thanks for the reply. However, I was asking about having the IPCC server at a remote site with agents and the call manager seperated by WAN link to COLO location. I can't find docs on this.

Hi,

I was strugling with the same question for a couple of weeks, discussed it in great detail with some Cisco engineers. Cisco states that it is possible, but when I asked for bandwidth needed and qos settings the answers were not clear. The design guide does mention a contact center over the WAN, but nothing on bandwidth needs. There seems to be a Networkers presentation where bandwidth needs for such casus are discussed.

But we decided not to implement a solution that is that poorly documented.