cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New PCCE 12.6 Deployment OVA

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

I'm just wondering if there is a requirement to apply the OVA to the VM for windows boxes for PCCE installs.  I know each component has a specific OVA but can we just set the VM settings ourselves or is the use of the OVA actually required.  

Does it have anything to do with the Validation phase of the implementation that it looks for?  Our internal team would like to setup the windows boxes without the use of the Cisco provided OVA.

8 Replies 8

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have sometimes had had to install VMs without using the actual OVA. I don't see how there could be an issue with this.

But what you do need to make sure is

1) vCVP and Reservation is set correctly

2) vRAM and Reservation is set correctly

3) vDisk is set correctly and uses correct type

4) number of vNIC is correct and uses the correct network type (VmxNet3)

5) OS is set correctly and VMware tools is installed and up to date.

You can install the OVA in a lab and document each of these etc.

Regards,

Gerry

Hi,

As already Gerry stated, you do not need to use the OVA, but you do need to make sure the settings match the specs laid out in the OVA. You can find these specs in the virtualization guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-packaged-contact-center-enterprise.html#v12.6

Thanx,

Denise

What is the stipulation for configuration the HDD for more than 80G.  In past deployments if you go over the 80G HD parameter it threw an alarm in the CCE Admin page.  80G is pretty low.

I think the bigger question is, will Cisco TAC provide support if you do it without using the OVA? We've seen cases in the past with other items like this where things work if you don't do it the "normal" way, but if you ever get an escalated TAC case and you didn't follow the Cisco process, it can get flagged. Unless you have an exception for instance that came up in A2Q or with the BU, you could run into an issue. Just my $.02.

Thank you bill, I'll bring that up during our initial meetings... I'm still not sure why they would limit it to "Exactly" 80G for the ICM servers and instead make sure the HD is > 80G.

With all the windows updates that go on.... 80G can fill up quickly.  I don't think that this would be an issue during A2Q at all.... it's just finding a way to get around the deployment issue within CCE Admin.  We had an issue with a 10.5 deployment where someone just decided to increase the disk space and then they was an alert for the entire time the platform was in place saying our deployment was invalid and you could no longer see alerts from other machines.  Nothing was wrong with the functionality, it was just an eyesore for about 4 years.....

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That is a good question Bill, but I do not know the answer to that.

As far as having the eyesore alert on CCE Admin, I am pretty sure there has been no change to that piece since 10.5. So my suspicion is that if you make the specs any different than the OVA, you will probably have the same eyesore in 12.6. Of course I didn't test it, so my response is purely speculation.

Thanx,

Denise

I think this post is matching what you're trying to do, and that it sounds like they had the system not complaining to them on the later versions?
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/pcce-2k-increase-database-drive-size/td-p/4172678

I posted a link to this discussion in one of the VT groups to see if someone from the BU would chime in. I'm with the camp that hates alerts so I try to avoid them as much as possible, but it would be nice that PCCE wouldn't complain about things like HDD unless it's under spec.

david