cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New UCCX 10.5 install Can't browse Repository in Editor

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

New install of UCCX Premium.  Editor installed without issue but can't browse the Repository.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled (Run As Administrator).  I have rebooted the server, added folders and scripts via the app admin but can't browse the repository.  When I click on it via open/save as it just sits there and does nothing.

I am attaching to the server by IP address.

Please advise,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's possible that the editor is using the hostname of the server to connect, regardless of what you initially specify (i.e it retrieves the cluster server host names, and attempts to connect to one of those).

The only way you'll know is by looking at the log files on your editor client PC. MEDT logs.

Or.. just try putting the hosts into your DNS (or hosts file as a test) as they appear on  system/servers in appadmin and verify you can ping them.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

this is kind of expected, might be a bug. 

Actually, make sure you save a simple but valid script locally on your PC, upload it using the appadmin web interface, refresh the script, restart the CCX editor - and then it _should_ work (it should appear in the Script Repo within the CCX Editor).

I see that you have already covered that, so the next step would be to reload UCCX IMHO.

Also please make sure that simple script sits in the root folder of the Script repository. 

G.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's possible that the editor is using the hostname of the server to connect, regardless of what you initially specify (i.e it retrieves the cluster server host names, and attempts to connect to one of those).

The only way you'll know is by looking at the log files on your editor client PC. MEDT logs.

Or.. just try putting the hosts into your DNS (or hosts file as a test) as they appear on  system/servers in appadmin and verify you can ping them.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Can someone tell me where can I get these "MEDT logs"?

@Aaron Harrison wrote:

Aaron

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

Added Host file entries for both hostname and FQDN and worked without issue. 

Once again great assistance...

Thanks,

Joe

pawlakcdw
Level 1
Level 1

It also seems that logging into editor as Anonymous no longer lets you browse the Script Repository. Went back and confirmed this worked in at least 9.02 SU1. 

Granted you were always unable to save to Script Repository when logged in as Anonymous. 

Just adding this here for others that come across it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: