cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New UCCX Book

luoht
Level 1
Level 1

Back in 2006, I was a Cisco TAC engineer supporting UCCX (it was known as IPCC Express, a.k.a. CRA, or CRS or IPIVR).  My colleagues were always joking about the "tribal knowledge" of UCCX because of the scarce information.

Cisco has published some documentations.  But those documentations are "menu driven" vs. "task driven".  i.e. they explained what each menu does but didn't tell you which menus to go through in order to achieve a specific goal (e.g. set up a hotline to handle incoming calls).

I've been wanting to write a book on UCCX since then but been procrastinating because of jobs and family.  And I was hoping some real UCCX experts can step forward to do the job.

Nine years has passed.  Surprisingly no book has been written on UCCX yet.  Maybe the experts were too busy?  Maybe they don't think UCCX is a topic worth writing on?  (at least that's Cisco Press' opinion when I contacted them).  Thus I took the liberty to write one and publish it myself.

Just like my other book (Deploying Cisco Unified Presence), the UCCX book is available on lulu.com for now.  It will be available on other retailers (such as Amazon, Nobles and Barnes, etc.) in a few weeks.

I'm far from being an expert.  But something less than perfect is better than nothing at all.  With limited time and resource, I'm sure there will be typos and mistakes in the book.  Please kindly send me your feedback and suggestions.  I'll make them into the next edition.  You may also leave a message on my blog.

By the way, all proceeds go to charity to support students from low-income families.

Thank you for your support!

5 Replies 5

Excellent...Instead of Vague SRND , this book looks simpler and easier to read, can be used as reference for deployments..

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

Looking forward to having a read. Just wondering if it will be available through Safari as well?

lboggs1984
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you! In for 1.

rammany19
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

am in need of this book now, how can I buy it in electronic format or ePub?

hope to receiving your reply

thanks

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

I was  tryied to buy this book from wordery.com but my order lost from during shipping.

Can you please help me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: