Views
Helpful
Replies

New UCCX Session ID

Michael Miu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This particular call flow starts in UCCX, then transfers to a Unity Call Handler.  If the caller selects a certain option in the call handler, it sends them back to the same UCCX application they started with.

If the call returns back to UCCX, i would like it to have a different session ID.  I believe the System parameter "Default Session Timeout" is related to this.  Its default is 30 minutes, I suppose I can set it to the minimum 1 minute. 

In the UCCX application script, is there a step that forces a new session?  I experimented with "Get Session" and checking New Session to Yes, but the Session ID value it returned did not seem right.

Thank you.

Mike

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can we first pause and consider both why the call needs to be transferred to a CUC Call Handler for IVR treatment - which increases CTI activity from a CCX scaling perspective - and why you desire a new session ID? My initial reaction is to say neither of those things are a desirable design.

To answer your question though, I believe a CUCM Translation Pattern from CUC back to CCX before the Trigger would break session ID persistence. This is dangerous though if you’re not careful. Namely it must not be the same extension as the CCX Trigger itself and CCX must never transfer/redirect to the TP directly, only CUC can. You are flirting with a memory leak by doing this and going against the intended design of CCX.

Thanks for your reply Jonathan.  Yes I agree it's not a desirable design, but it is what the business has requested.  For agent voicemail greeting to provide an option to return back to the IVR.  I don't predict much traffic going through this scenario.  We require a unique sequence ID upon the transfer because that's what the CRM system relies on. 

We will try introducing a translation pattern, thank you.