Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Noisy and dropped calls

Hello All

I want to ask your help in one issue that we are facing with our contac center., where the customer reportes noisy and even dropped calls. I have noticed that this issue only happens when all our  available agents  are busy on call and we have more than 6 calls on queue so  I think this issue is related to the capacity of the link but I do not know how to validate that.

I checked the interface of the cube where the link is directly connect looking for input or CRC erros but no erro in the interface, so I do not know what more can I validate to discard that the issue is on our devices ( cube, call manager or uccx).

Your suggestion will be really appreciate

Best regards

3 Replies 3

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

As for capacity issues-call drop can be caused by IVR ports quanity limitations.

How many IVR ports in existing license do you have?

Can you call and check line performance by dialing IVR DN from one of ip phones?

If everything is ok with dialing your agents from inside DN,so it's not CCX issue.But first of all check things above.

Hello Lebedev

we have 20 ccg ports that I think is the same number of IVR ports

We have done some test calls while we are facing the issue, the calls between extensions and dialing IVR DN  do not present issues.

I found a cisco document for voice quality and the exactly symtoms are:

• Echoed Voice- Echo is where the voice signal is repeated on the line. It can be heard at either end of the call, in varying degrees and with many combinations of delay and loss within the echoed signal.
  • Garbled Voice- A garbled voice signal is one where the actual character of the voice is altered to a significant degree and often has a quality that fluctuates. On some occasions, the voice becomes unintelligible.

Hi,

So,it's the CUCM Telco issue i think.

I hope your CCX set to G711,please check codec based issues with your PRI ports,MTP and transcoding settings.Check also your MRGL settings.

Sometimes it happens when recording and monitoring module has wrong settings.Like SPAN or SPANless.

It will be great if you attach here some example voice file with issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: