Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to open configuration manager

Karthik U R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Not able to open the configuration Manager . Shows the following error message:-

"(-9934) unable to initialize the real-time feed for instance apcc.

Unable to proceed until the real-time can be established. The feed may be inactive or you may not have permission to connect to the feed".

When tried to run the "Initiliaze Local Database", It shows the below error,

"unable to initialize the real-time feed for instance apcc. Cannot proceed".

Kindly help to fix this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik U R

16 Replies 16

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Karthik,

What is the complete ICM version ?

Could you post the screenshot showing the error ?

GP.

Hi GP,

Its a new ICM installation and our ICM Ver: 8.5(2), and error message as shown below.

Regards,

Karthik U R

Thanks Karthik.

1. Was this always like this or the issue is seen recently ?

2. Did you try opening Config Manager from Start menu or it's native folder ?

3. What type of Admin Workstation ( AW ) is this, from where you are trying to run config mgr ? Distributor or client AW ?

4. The error indicates towards issue in receiving " Real-time feed ( RTF )" . I would try restarting the AW & see if it restores the RTF which is a process running on it.

5. Try pinging ( ping -t ) to Logger from AW to see if there are any network issues.

GP

I get these same symptoms but only for 1 of our administrators.  All other administrators work fine.  We deleted her profile on the server and had her log back in and that did not help.

Are you sure that the configuration for the "bad" user is the same as the good user as far as being in the Configuration group/Setup groups? Also, does it work for your "bad" user on that AW if they do a Run as Administrator?

Travis Cassell
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to open from an RDP session?  If so try to do it from the console or VNC and I bet it works.  We've got the same problem and I'm not sure what has caused it.

On your PC goto Start > Run > mstsc /admin and that will put you on the console.

Hope this helps.

Travis

Yup, valid point to be considered. +5 to Travis.

GP.

I have faced same error and after adding the correct router and logger addresses. it was fixed.

That is ofcourse required & presumed.

GP.

Hi All,

The issue is resolved.

problem was with the NIC binding order ("Public" should be first and then followd by the "Private").

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik U R

Is your AW part of a Sprawler, why does your AW have a Private NIC?

The NIC binding order in Router was incorrect.

Changing the order i.e "Public" should be first and then followd by the "Private" helped resolve this issue.

Regards,

Karthik U R

Hi All,

i'am getting same error when i'm trying to open config manager. There isn't any network issue between rogger and awhds servers, both are connect each other.

i'm using ICM v9.x

Thanks.

Ali

Hi,

did you check the following:

- you are connected as a member of the correct group (Setup or Config),

- you are connected to the console session (mstsc /admin or mstsc /console or rdesktop -0 depending on your client OS).

Thanks.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: