cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Occasionally I'm getting an arrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

steakandeggs
Level 1
Level 1

I have a set step that returns and agent's extension. (This app is for playing back the agent's custom greeting to the caller).

Once a day or so (this app runs about 900 times per day) the arrayIndexOutOfBoundsException gets thrown. I've marked the line it throws the error for with an X.

This set step is no doubt crude and could be improved. I welcome all criticism. By the way, is there a known good script which reliably plays back an agent's prerecorded greeting? I would throw this app out if there was a better one floating around out there. (this app works by matching the caller's ANI with the selected agent's extension, recording it in the local uccx file system in an individual file, then blind conferencing into the playback application which performs a lookup of the caller's ANI, matching it with selected agent's extension.)

3 Replies 3

Sumit Solomon
Level 1
Level 1

Seems very complex solution to me. If you want to playback agent extension to caller why cant you use "spoken name prompt" option in UCCX and design a script accordingly.

Let me know if you want the script re-designed.

Hey Sumit, thanks for replying. I'm not playing the agent extension or name, I'm playing the agent's custom greeting which is a conversational greeting. It also sometimes includes brief sales pitches. I was unclear in my original post as to what I'm doing here.

So specific agents are selected based on ANI - or can it be any agent?

Will it be a pre recorded messgae and same for every caller or will it be recorded live and specific to every caller