cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ODBC connection successful on power Bi but no data

ravi.kumar1
Level 1
Level 1

My ODBC system DSN test is successful and am able to make a successful connection using Power Bi but it doesn't load any data. Please see below screenshot

odbc.JPG

uccxdsn.JPG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yes, that's what i have used. ODBC 32 , ODBC 64 doesn't even show informix driver so it was never an option

View solution in original post

it worked after i download the latest driver from IBM's website

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I cant speak much for Power Bi, but the ODBC connection just opens access to the database. I wouldnt expect it to load any data without requesting it. For any systems, wallboards, web apps, etc. that I have ever linked into via ODBC, I had always required additional queries or data replication to actually pull the data. My current SQL server does this by using a stored procedure to pull the informix table over every few minutes.

i found this. This guy having the same trouble.

I think it is a bit issue, my machine is 64 bit and the driver and Power BI is 32 bit, not sure.

On Windows 10 / Server, you can run the app - Odbcad32.exe - which will open the 32 bit version of the ODBC tool. If you think that its 64 vs 32 bit issue, try adding the source there and see if that helps.

yes, that's what i have used. ODBC 32 , ODBC 64 doesn't even show informix driver so it was never an option

it worked after i download the latest driver from IBM's website

Hey Ravi - do you have a link to the latest driver you downloaded from IBM's website - I thought I did download the latest but we are running into the exact issue you referenced in your original post.  Thank you.

Disregard - I found it on the IBM website - you have to create an account to be able to download the latest versions. I downloaded the 32 bit and it is working now: Here is the url https://www.ibm.com/resources/mrs/assets/DownloadList?source=ifxdl&lang=en_US

I am adding a screenshot of the download we used:2022-03-22_11-20-44.jpg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: