cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Old IPCC Install Media

nick anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of an avenue to request install media for older, unsupported products?

I have a licensed IPCC 4.0(5) system that is still in production on a CM 4.1 cluster. The hardware needs to be replaced, but the previous administrator either lost or hid the install media before he left the company.  I know this system is old, but currently there is no budget for upgrading the whole phone system.

I cannot find that media kit for sale anywhere, and TAC is not able to help since there is no support contract.  Are there any other resources for replacing lost install media?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are no other legal sources for the media. In some rare cases, your local Cisco SE may be able to get a copy of it from internal FTP sites; however, by burning and distributing another copy of the product Cisco is liable to pay another set of royalties. In some cases, it may be illegal for them to do so if those underpinning contracts have expired (i.e. they may no longer have rights to redistribute the underpinning pieces). I say this only to set expectations that there is no guaranteed option here. You might get lucky with help from a friendly SE is all.

Yeah, I knew this would be a long-shot.  I have a message in to my SE and our partner rep, so hopefully i'll get lucky.

nick anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case anyone else has the same issue:

We activated a UCSS agreement and I was able to order the 4.0(5)a media via the Product Upgrade Tool.