cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Order status using UCCX scripting

hossein izadi
Level 1
Level 1

I have Oracle DB which contain information about customer order such as if order has been shipped, when has been shipped,and so on. We do not want to query directly against the DB, and as far as I know Oracle has XML DB web services. If we turn that on, and have a report in xml that give me all information I needed. How do I use UCCX scripting to access these data, and read it back to customer when they call.

I am using UCCX 8.5 premium.

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I assume we are talking about a SOAP WS.

Can you provide us with the WSDL and/or a sample request and response (XML)?

Alternatively, we can build a proxy application with two interfaces, one is a simple, non-SOAP XML API for UCCX, the second is a Hibernate-based mechanism.

Thanks.

G.

Thank you for the respond. Yes we are talking about a SOAP WS.

I am not good at this. I do not have my xml request yet. Could you please tell me if I have my xml request how would I apply that to my script. I am kind of lost here. Let's say I have xml doc to request, how the xml respond can affect my script if it does at all.

Honestly I need to know how all these pieces relate together.

Also, where would I find more information about the alternative solution.

Hi,

I see.

This way: I certainly need the WSDL. It's basically the contract between the SOAP server and the SOAP client, the description of the protocol they are going to use. Its a file or a URL, in both cases, it's an XML document.

SOAP might be a bit tricky, but I can help you with that. It's basically the SOAP client (in our case, the UCCX server) sending an XML over HTTP to the SOAP server, and expecting some result, which is usually an XML document, too.

There are several approaches of enabling a UCCX script to perform SOAP commmunication, and I have created several documents about it:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/97736/uccx-8x-really-simple-soap-client-no-custom-jar

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/112616/uccx-oop-soap-client-1-custom-jar-using-jax-ws

Or, there's a recent thread about a similar integration:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12240436/uccx-soap-request

Please ask the administrator of your Oracle DB about the WSDL, download it, post it to here.

About the second integration option: I was thinking about a Grails proxy app - do you have a Tomcat or other Java application server in your environment we could use? 

G.

Thanks again,

I found the document that you used xml Template in it very helpful. I do not have my WSDL file now, but I will get it and post it here. Once I have my WSDL file, I give you my exact scenario since I think I need help with writing my xml Template document too.

Again thank you so much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: