cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering Cisco Equipment

Mark Mattix
Level 2
Level 2

Is there an easier way!? It seems like the process of ordering new equipment can be very difficult. I'm trying to price out an ASR 1001-X, I know I need at least 1.5Gbps of throughput for encryption. I need OSPF to be supported and I would also like to use OTV. What I find difficult is determining what licenses are available to me and what ones I need.

Then when I finally decide on all the item numbers, it takes at least a week to get the quote back from my vendor. I always get hit with surprise money from the budget to spend and getting quotes is tedious... Is there a tool online to select features I want of a product and have it generate all the SKUs I need?

Thanks for any advice!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to have access to the Cisco Commerce & Workplace (CCW), however, this is not for the faint-hearted.  The selections can be quite daunting for someone who's familiar. 

This looks like a great tool and I had no idea it existed. Thank you for posting.

Thank you! I'll check this tool out next time I need to order something. I actually found another vendor that's working out a lot better for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: