cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering Cisco Equipment

Mark Mattix
Level 2
Level 2

Is there an easier way!? It seems like the process of ordering new equipment can be very difficult. I'm trying to price out an ASR 1001-X, I know I need at least 1.5Gbps of throughput for encryption. I need OSPF to be supported and I would also like to use OTV. What I find difficult is determining what licenses are available to me and what ones I need.

Then when I finally decide on all the item numbers, it takes at least a week to get the quote back from my vendor. I always get hit with surprise money from the budget to spend and getting quotes is tedious... Is there a tool online to select features I want of a product and have it generate all the SKUs I need?

Thanks for any advice!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to have access to the Cisco Commerce & Workplace (CCW), however, this is not for the faint-hearted.  The selections can be quite daunting for someone who's familiar. 

This looks like a great tool and I had no idea it existed. Thank you for posting.

Thank you! I'll check this tool out next time I need to order something. I actually found another vendor that's working out a lot better for me. Thanks for the suggestion!