Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound dialer - Agent Reserved timer for Preview calls

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Friends,

We have PCCE 11.6 (1) environment running and recently we have started using SIP Outbound dialer.    The dialer works fine in Preview_Blended mode with changing OutboubdPercent variable based on the call volumes (inbound and outbound).

However I have couple of questions here, which I could not figure out and find any answer for these questions:

1. System is able to reserve an agent and agent can either accept or reject the call.  But sometimes agents are taking longer time to choose their action and remain in reserved state.  Is there a way to define this timer (system wide) and make sure if agent does not accept or reject the call within specific time, then the call record goes back to dialer as rejected by that agent.

2. We are using Dialer_Detail table of HDS to get status of the call record, in which CallResult 10 is defined as "Customer answered and was connected to agent".  However we noticed that even when call has reached VM, it is recorded as CallResult 10, which is misleading because agent has not specifically spoken to customer.  Is there a way to modify this behavior or should we look at some other report/table to accurately get call result of each call / attempt.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi, for #1, if you're talking about the preview reservation timeout, yes, there is a setting, it is in the outbound option guide registry section. PreviewReservationTimeout

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/User/Guide/b_ucce_outbound_option_Release_11_6_1.html

For #2, this could be many things. For instance, do you have answering machine detection enabled for this campaign? If not, then the dialer could be miscoding the answering machine as live voice. If it is enabled, you may need to tweak the campaign settings to ensure that it is categorized completely. Depending on your carrier and your customer, this can be no small task. Cisco publishes some suggestion guides if you need to tweak this, but hopefully it is just that you need to enabled AMD.

View solution in original post

Thanks Bill.

I think I need to get down and test various scenarios and combinations to fine tune the results what I want.  Anyways, your directives are very helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi, for #1, if you're talking about the preview reservation timeout, yes, there is a setting, it is in the outbound option guide registry section. PreviewReservationTimeout

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/User/Guide/b_ucce_outbound_option_Release_11_6_1.html

For #2, this could be many things. For instance, do you have answering machine detection enabled for this campaign? If not, then the dialer could be miscoding the answering machine as live voice. If it is enabled, you may need to tweak the campaign settings to ensure that it is categorized completely. Depending on your carrier and your customer, this can be no small task. Cisco publishes some suggestion guides if you need to tweak this, but hopefully it is just that you need to enabled AMD.

Thanks Bill.  First one is quite clear and somehow I missed when i read that document :-)

Regarding second query, I have AMD enabled in Campaign Manager, but below that, Transfer to Agent is selected.  Should I change it to Abandon Call ?  Attaching screenshot for the same.

You mentioned about tweaking campaign setting to categorize correctly, could you please advise what are those settings ?

That all depends on what you want to do when an answering machine is detected. You might want to send it to an agent or you might want to play a recording, or you might want to hang up the call.

In the same Cisco guide you'll see parameters in the Campaign configuration section, like adjusting the analysis time for instance. Here's some background on that value, but there are others. I believe there's a Cisco white paper on their site as well that talks about it too.

Number of milliseconds spent analyzing this call. If there is a short agent greeting on an answering machine, then a longer value here categorizes that answering machine call as voice. If the call is to a business where the operator has a longer scripted greeting, a shorter value here categorizes the long, live greeting as answering machine. Default is 2500.

Thanks Bill.

I think I need to get down and test various scenarios and combinations to fine tune the results what I want.  Anyways, your directives are very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: