Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Dialer in UCCX

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

we have a UCCX version 8.5.1 with CCX Premium seats [50] and IVR ports 100 and Preview Outbound Dialer as Enabled.

I want to configure Outbound Dialer for Direct Preview Dialing Mode .

I have gone through DOC which says we need to configure Trigger, SIP GW,call Control groupfor OBD , create Trigger and assign it to call control group,

Can we use with this license for Predictive and Progressive IVR based campaign or only Preview Outbound Dialer can be configured ?

Can I get some DOC or presentation in detail along with IVR sample script to be configured for OBD ?

regds,

aman

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two features here: blended preview outbound dialing and outbound IVR. They do not overlap, either in configuration or in functionality.

Blended Preview Outbound is a call list you load which is then offered to agents. It is a PREVIEW because the agent is shown the call information and asked to accept it. If they do CAD makes the outbound call for them and the agent is responsible for doing all the talking as well as any call reclasification (e.g. answering machine, do not call request, etc.) All you configure with this is the campaign, associate a CSQ, and enable the buttons in CDA.

The Outbound IVR feature on the other hand offers PROGRESSIVE or PREDICTIVE dialing modes and connects the caller to an AEF script. An agent is only involved if you use a Select Resource step, typically through an opt-out or speak-to-an-agent option. You should not use this feature if you intend most or all of the calls to connect with an agent. This is because the dialer does not monitor a CSQ for agent availability, only whether it has enough licensed outbound IVR ports to handle the percentage of calls that actually answer. Think appointment reminders.

Can we use with this license for Predictive and Progressive IVR based campaign or only Preview Outbound Dialer can be configured ?

Blended Preview is included in CCX Premium. Only Outbound IVR ports are licensed.

Can I get some DOC or presentation in detail along with IVR sample script to be configured for OBD?

I believe the administration guide is the only document currently on CCO.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for replying with valuable inputs[+5]

Still have some queries :

a. we intened to use Preview Dialing.So,if we use this do we require some sore of IVR scripting or what else do we require?

b. All you configure with this is the campaign, associate a CSQ, and enable the buttons in CDA: Please elaborate mor eon this line.

c.Blended Preview :as far as I know same agent can recieve call as well as make outgoing calls.While the agent is on outgoing  call , if incoming call comes that is given more preference.

c.I have gone through Adminsitration guide for UCCX, which mentions about SIP Gateway.What sort of config we need to do on it?

regds,

aman

1. No scripting required, just the Subsystem > Outbound config.
  2. The admin guide walks you through it. Let me know if you have config questions after looking through the linked chapter.
  3. Yes it is blended and you can stipulate what percentage of the agents skilled in the CSQ are considered for outbound calls; however, once an agent is on an outbound call they are left alone until the call ends. The engine won't drop an outbound call to force an inbound on onto the agent.
  4. The SIP gateway is related to Outbound IVR, not Direct Preview.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello Jonathan!

Will I still need a SIP GW for agent-based Predictive outbound dialer?

Thanks!