Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Option Call Results

russell.healey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I recently started in my current role at a new company and I'm very new to the Cisco Outbound System (so new that I haven't had any official training yet!)

I am working my way through the reports and am trying to work out what customer abandoned to IVR (result code 20) is and whether I should include that and dialler abandon (result 16) in my formula for abandon rate.

Any advice you can offer will be greatly received.

Russell Healey

Dialler Manager

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am working my way through the reports and am trying to work out what customer abandoned to IVR (result code 20) is and whether I should include that and dialler abandon (result 16) in my formula for abandon rate.

well, if it is a custom report, then the anwer is: it's up to your customer's choice, whether to include CallResult 20 and/or CallResult 16 into your abandon rate formula.

CallResult 16 is not really an abandon - the Dialer simply stops dialing due to the simple fact it did not find any available agents, which may indicate starvation. You should probably configure either less agents per call or make sure there is enough agents available. The OO guide states progressive/predictive modes will perform better with larger number of agents in the skill groups.

G.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you tell us, what report you are talking about.

G.

Hi Rusell.

Have you referred to this historical Reporting user guide? It has some explanation of abandoned calls on page 50 for inbound calls and page 121 for outbound calls. Can you please attach the report or show a screenshot of the report here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/uccx85hrug.pdf

Jag.

It is a custom report, Basically getting counts of each type in the CallResult field on the dialer_detail table.

I should also mention that it is a progressive outbound campaign with agents and not an IVR campaign.

Thanks,

Russell

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, if it is a custom report, then the anwer is: it's up to your customer's choice, whether to include CallResult 20 and/or CallResult 16 into your abandon rate formula.

CallResult 16 is not really an abandon - the Dialer simply stops dialing due to the simple fact it did not find any available agents, which may indicate starvation. You should probably configure either less agents per call or make sure there is enough agents available. The OO guide states progressive/predictive modes will perform better with larger number of agents in the skill groups.

G.

Thanks a lot, so the one to use in the abandoned call report for regulators would be result code 20?

Much Appreciated.

Russell

Well, again, it depends on what you want to call as an 'Abandoned' call.

I recommend you to take a look at the Database Schema doc for your particular ICM version:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/prod_technical_reference_list.html

And also, the OO guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps524/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

G.

I get 403 error on those links...

OFCOM regulations in the UK state that if after 2 seconds we can't connect a customer to an agent we must abandon the call but play them an information message - as you said result 16 is not really an an abandon it would make sense to use code 20 in my calculation.

Thanks,

Russell

About 403: those are CCO links - I assumed you have access to the Support > Documentation website. If you don't please create a user profile. If you do have a profile, then log in, and the links will work.

About the UK regulations: yes, that makes sense to use that result code in your calculations.

G.

No problem,

Thanks a lot!

Russell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: