cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Option High Availability: How to identify which Campaign Manager is active?

matthew.sreeves
Level 1
Level 1

The Outbound Option guide states: 

"Importing a local file succeeds only if you import it to the active side. To avoid having to identify which side is active, you can use any of the following methods:", after which it explains the three options of i) using a Windows file share, ii) using Microsoft DFS, or iii) using the Outbound API.

None of those methods are suitable for us: we'd like to simply determine which Campaign Manager is active, and then write the import files to the directory on the Logger on which the active Campaign Manager resides.

Is there any way of determining which side is active?

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

matthew.sreeves
Level 1
Level 1

Does nobody have any ideas as to how to do this?

It's not just the writing of the import file - we also need to ensure that we're writing personal callbacks to the Personal_Callback_List table in the BA DB on the correct side, too. Surely there must be some way to determine whether Outbound Option is currently active on side A or side B?

Thank you - that looks like it will do the trick. If I GET the following for the A side:

https://<server_A>:7890/icm-dp/rest/DiagnosticPortal/ListProcesses

Then the XML response includes a line like this:

<dp:ProcessProp Name="CampaignManager.exe" Description="CampaignManager" Status="xxxx-LoggerA CampaignManager - (ACTIVE)" UpTime="36.22:45:45.1169921"/>

And for the B side, an equivalent GET includes something like this:

<dp:ProcessProp Name="CampaignManager.exe" Description="CampaignManager" Status="xxxx-LoggerB CampaignManager - (STANDBY)" UpTime="36.22:43:51.1855301"/>

So I should be able to perform a regular REST request to each of the servers, and check the XML response to see if it contains "CampaignManager - (ACTIVE)" or "CampaignManager - (STANDBY)".

Excellent!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: