Views
Helpful
Replies

Overflow Queuing

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

I have been given a task to creat an overflow queue (Queue2) in case there's no agent availalble in Qeueu1. I decided to go with nasted queueing but the issue I have is that the Queue2 is in a different cluster. I don't think I can use nasted queuing in this case. Do you guys have any idea how can I accomplish this task with the correct reporting etc...? 

Thanks,

MK 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see how you're going to get nested queuing working between two clusters.  I'd guess the best you can do is dequeue from the original and then call redirect to the overflow.  This would of course end the reporting at the time of the redirect for the original, and then start a new record in the overflow once received.  Reporting aside, you'll lose the ability for the original Agents to help, if there is any wait at all over in overflow.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see how you're going to get nested queuing working between two clusters.  I'd guess the best you can do is dequeue from the original and then call redirect to the overflow.  This would of course end the reporting at the time of the redirect for the original, and then start a new record in the overflow once received.  Reporting aside, you'll lose the ability for the original Agents to help, if there is any wait at all over in overflow.

Thanks Anthony

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: