cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Parse JSON object in CVP

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone.  I am calling an API and need to parse out the results but am having a difficult time doing so.  I am working with CVP 11.6 and returning the following information:

{
"ResponseSample":"{\"StartDate\":\"2020-08-01\",\"EndDate\":\"2021-07-31\",\"Status\":\"Review\"}"
}

I am trying to get the "StartDate" value, however CVP is returning either a 'null' or blank data.  I tried using the JSON path of $.StartDate but that does not work and returns the 'null' text in my debugger.  I also tried to parse within the app, however not sure if my syntax is correct as the variable is blank. The node is currently set as follows:

importPackage(com.audium.server.cvpUtil);
var resp= JSON.parse({Data.Element.GetUserCoverage.response_body});
var startDate = resp.StartDate;

That value is then set in SessionData to validate.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Finally!  Here is the correct syntax for hard coding JSON strings:

var json = '{"CoverageStartDate":"2021-08-15","CoverageEndDate":"2022-08-14","Status":"Submitted"}'
var path = "$.CoverageStartDate";
JSONPathUtil.eval(json, path);

Hope this helps others!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Check out this blog I wrote a while back to see if it helps https://dmacias.org/cisco-courtesy-callback-ccb-and-cce-hours-of-operations/. Main part being how you're parsing the data:

dowPath="/businessHour/weekDaySchedules/weekDaySchedule1/dayOfWeek"
dow = XpathUtil.eval(xml,dowPath)
david

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

David below example is parsing XML. Here is an example for parsing JSON.

JSON Data

[{"CallbackId":790225,"CustomerName":"Bob Bobster","Description":"Sales Chat","Created":"Jun 1 2021 1:41PM","Expiry":"Jun 8 2021 1:41PM"}]

TIP - use a JSON Path tester to get the format correct for your JSON!

SET VALUE Element sets the following 3 local variables (note the first one has to import the CVP Util package).

AgentId

var val= {Data.Element.Rest_Client_GetCallback.response_body}
var path = "[0].AgentId";
JSONPathUtil.eval( val, path);

CustomerName

var path = "[0].CustomerName";

Description

var path = "[0].Description";

JSON-SetValue.png

Good catch, didn't even realize it was XML. +5

david

Thank you both for the input (and awesome solution to the CCB timing @david.macias).  I think my issue is how I am receiving the data from the vendor.  The leading "ResponseSample" is the object and I can't navigate to the needed key/value pair.  With removing that and surrounding double quotes  I am able to filter each key:

{"CoverageStartDate":"2020-08-01","CoverageEndDate":"2021-07-31","Status":"Pending Review"}

My issue now is in Call Studio, when I hardcode that in a variable I am receiving an error stating that I cannot set the value as it's an array...even though it isn't.

Error:

Wrapped com.jayway.jsonpath.PathNotFoundException: Path 'CoverageStartDate' is being applied to an array. Arrays can not have attributes.

Variable Setting:

var json ={"CoverageStartDate":"2021-08-15","CoverageEndDate":"2022-08-14","Status":"Submitted"};

Can you try this?

var json = JSON.parse('{"CoverageStartDate":"2021-08-15","CoverageEndDate":"2022-08-14","Status":"Submitted"}');

david

Same result.  It still thinks it's an array.  When I print(json) it shows [object Object] in the console.

Chad,

My above example happened to be an array.

And that is why I have the [0] in the Path.

Give that a go?

Regards,

Gerry

It still fails, which was to be expected since this is not actually an array.  Interesting though, when I do specify an array "path" it tells me the JSON is an object. Specifying an object and defining a path of the object gives me an array error while specifying an array path gives an error stating the variable is an object.

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Finally!  Here is the correct syntax for hard coding JSON strings:

var json = '{"CoverageStartDate":"2021-08-15","CoverageEndDate":"2022-08-14","Status":"Submitted"}'

Hope this helps others!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: