cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

passing metadata to QM network recording from UCCX

fzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, all. I understand that with desktop recording and server recording you could pass UCCX enterprise data as metadata to QM with IPC integration. However in QM network recording deployment mode is there a way to pass the data to QM?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You must send the internal QM user ID in any commands you send to the server. In CCX this is 1.

If you are sending this from CAD you can split this into two fields.

sender_id with the agent ID and peripheral_id with the 1 in.

See this link for some examples. Page 25

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_8x/reference/guide/qm852-CAD-integration-programmers-guide-cisco.pdf

Note that the examples are from an Enterprise system so the peripheral_id is 5000, replace this with 1 for CCX.

You should also be aware you must send fields in the command in the correct order.

You should send the UDP packet to the QM server that is doing the recording. That's the one at the end of the SIP trunk this agents is pointing to.

Please rate helpful posts.

Graham

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

If you're using server recording or network recording you should use the method described on page 25 of this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_8x/reference/guide/qm852-CAD-integration-programmers-guide-cisco.pdf

Brian

please rate helpful posts

Thanks, Brian. However can you let me know in a network recording mode what's the recording server that needs to be put in CAD workflow? In device management in QM admin, I thought recording server field will be blank? Or we just put the QM server IP there in the CAD workflow? What will be the port value?

The CAD integration guide only mentioned server recording and not network recording. However from your response I assume it worked the same way?

Yes, in my experience the work the same way. You leave the recording server field blank in QM admin for network recording. In the CAD workflow, use the ip address of the QM server the agent is set up to use. You use the same port number.

Brian

Thanks. I believe you're right.

However  I configured it in our lab, the recording server got the IPC message correctly but got the following error:

processMessage: API message was not handled due to unknown sender.

I've configured sender_id with value of 'agent_ID' but I'm not sure why I got above error. I'm passing the correct agent name, and in QM it's integrated with UCCX so it's the same. Only thing is that the QM user_ID has '1.' as prefix, and that I'm not login windows as the 'windows user name' configured in QM admin user. I wonder if that'll cause this error?

You must send the internal QM user ID in any commands you send to the server. In CCX this is 1.

If you are sending this from CAD you can split this into two fields.

sender_id with the agent ID and peripheral_id with the 1 in.

See this link for some examples. Page 25

Note that the examples are from an Enterprise system so the peripheral_id is 5000, replace this with 1 for CCX.

You should also be aware you must send fields in the command in the correct order.

You should send the UDP packet to the QM server that is doing the recording. That's the one at the end of the SIP trunk this agents is pointing to.

Please rate helpful posts.

Graham

Thanks. It worked now in our lab after I added peripheral ID in the right order. Yes I didn't follow the exact order at beginning and that has caused the error message in the log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: