Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing Value from SIP Invite message body to next hop

shibinkumaric
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am looking for an option to pass a value which is received on the SIP INVITE from our vendor to next hop which is a CUBE.Eventually this value (5 digits number) needs to be passed to ICM via CVP. Please find the attached picture for your reference. I need to pass the value mentioned for foneCR(Highlighted in yellow) value will be a random 5 digits number) . Any suggestions ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, your main issue now is passing the header value to the CVP. As I'm sure because this is not a recognized header ("foneCR") the CUBE is dropping this header from the INVITE that is being sent from the CUBE to CUCM/CVP.

What you actually need first is to follow those instructions for configuring a pass to a customized list of SIP headers:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_sip/configuration/xe-3s/cube-sip-xe-3s-book/voi-conf-pass-thro.html

And only then, you need to configure your CVP via OPS Console like in the link that is being shared with you already.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

I'm not quite clear what you're asking, are you asking if UCCE/CVP supports getting information from a SIP header for instance? If so, the answer is yes, see attached for instance.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/srnd/10_5/CCVP_BK_C17804D9_00_cisco-unified-customer-voice-portal/CCVP_BK_C17804D9_00_cisco-unified-customer-voice-portal_chapter_01101.html#CCVP_TP...

Hi bill.king1,

Thank you for your response. Yes that was one of my questions. I am also looking for an option which allows me to pass one of the sip header values I received on my incoming Invite to the next hop. In the given example I am receiving a header foneCR on my incoming invite and I need to pass this value in my outgoing Invite. Call flow is as given below

Media Proxy Server -->CUBE1-->CUBE2-->CUSP-->CVP

I am receiving this header in the incoming invite from Media Proxy Server to CUBE1 and I need to pass it to CVP.  Please let me know if you are still not clear about the requirement.

No, your main issue now is passing the header value to the CVP. As I'm sure because this is not a recognized header ("foneCR") the CUBE is dropping this header from the INVITE that is being sent from the CUBE to CUCM/CVP.

What you actually need first is to follow those instructions for configuring a pass to a customized list of SIP headers:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_sip/configuration/xe-3s/cube-sip-xe-3s-book/voi-conf-pass-thro.html

And only then, you need to configure your CVP via OPS Console like in the link that is being shared with you already.

Hi Slavik,

Thank you so much , I am able pass the optional header to CVP now. 

Regards,

Shibin

pk88
Spotlight
Spotlight

This link will help you.

Cheers

Prashanth

Hi Prashanth,

Thank you  for sharing the link, I will check this out. 

Regards,

Shibi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: