Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Policy on Cisco ICM Agents.

arsalan0301
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Kindly guide me if I can apply the below password policy on ICM's agents or not.

1. Minimum password length must be 8 characters, alphanumeric, no blank passwords. Upon password renewal, reuse of old passwords must not be entertained.
  2. All passwords must expire after 90 days.
  3. At least 12 previous passwords for history are recommended. 2
  4. Minimum password age must be 1 days at-least before users can reset their password.
  5. The password complexity requirements must be enabled wherever applicable. Account lockout threshold must be set to 5 for invalid attempts to avoid brute force attack wherever applicable.
  6. Account lockout duration for invalid /suspicious attempts must be set to 15 mins after which it will be active again.
7 Replies 7

You can't unless you enable SSO and if you do then the policy is enforced via you AD.

david

So you mean when I enable SSO then the policy which is set on AD
automatically applies on the AW.?##- Please type your reply above this line
-##

The policy applies to Finesse. Not sure what you mean by AW.

david

I mean policy applies to the agent ?( who will login to the Finesse)

Then you're good.

david

Hello David,

SSO is enabled in my lab environment and from the AD minimum password length is set to "8" but I use "12345" as a password for user from configuration and it accepts the password.

Is your agent configured for SSO? If you're not getting the SSO screen after you enter the username then it's not.

david