cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE 11.0.1 The request reached the server but it took too long to respond. Try reloading the page.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

hey hi folks,

Please suggest... am installing PCCE 11 and facing these error "Error occurred: The request reached the server but it took too long to respond. Try reloading the page." This error pops-up while initializing PCCE Deployment step.

Below steps followed;

• Cisco_ICM, Facility and Instance added using Domain Manager utility, logged in with Domain User with domain admin rights.
  • Logged in with Domain admin user account. (Schema rights assigned)
  • McAfee Antivirus scanner disabled.
  • Proxy disabled
  • Group Policy blocked on Cisco_ICM Root OU. (No GPO)
  • Domain Server hostname added in host file.

Snaps attached for reference...

On cisco.com, found the document refering to BUG in PCCE 9. URL: http://www.cisco.com/web/software/280840583/103560/Release_Document_1.html

Please suggest...

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
12 Replies 12

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey folks,

Any suggestion? Please help.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Increase the shindig timer from C:\icm\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\shindig.properties file, shindig.http.client.connection-timeout-ms=5000 to greater value say 50000 and restart the tomcat service.

Saikumar,

Overwhelmed from your response. But still am unlucky, facing the same error. I increased to 50000ms and restarted the Tomcat services.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Can you attach tomcat logs. it should be under c:\icm\tomcat\logs folder. let me check what i can find in that.

Hi Sasikumar,

I have multiple logs created in logs directory. textiles like catalina, CCBU, common-daemon, isapi, tomcat7-stder, service-install.. many more

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Can you attach everything , just do zip and attach. Basically we need to check at tomcat and catalina logs. 

Mention the timeframe also when are providing the logs.

Just one question is the request timeout changes took effect? in the catalina logs i see that read timeout still as 5000ms.

Dear Sasikumar,

Thanks for support. Very much appreciated. I checked the catalina logs and found that Packaged CCE instance is missing or not available.

Am co-relating this issue now...

On Cisco Domain Manager i noticed, it takes too long time to display Cisco_ICM root OU under DC, approx 4-5 mins.

On CCEAdmin URL page, it gives me error "The request reached the server but it took too long to respond. Try reloading the page"

Domain Manager is receiving slow response from AD and CCE instance registry is missing because of slow response.

So, I have re-installed the ICM but again the same error it pops-up.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

5 minutes is huge time. Is your system deployed as per the guide ?

Can you attach the logs ?

Just a logical thought if it is taking more than 5 mins , how about increasing the shinding timer to that level and give a try ?

Is there any other process running in the system or network which slowing down the response from AD ? (firewall , Anti-virus,etc)

Is TCP off-load turned off in the system ? All the UCCE servers need to turn it off.

Hi Sasikumar,

I re-installed whole OS + SQL + ICM but still the same.

Domain Manager took nearly 5minutes to expand and automatic configure Cisco_ICM root OU (This is weird to me)

Same error on CCEADMIN portal. Attached are the tomcat logs and shindig.properties snap for reference.

Please share any such document to troubleshoot.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Sasikumar,

We found out the bug in PCCE v11. URL: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw75550/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Checking further to trace...

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hello all....

PCCE 11.0.1 is hit by a bug (URL above). If your client is running Global Catalog DC server having multiple domains in it, then try

1. Port redirect LDAP 389 to LDAP GC 3268 on Network side. 11.0.1 sadlib  doesnot support LDAP GC. So this needs to be port translated on firewall.

If you dont see sadlib.log file in C:\ICM\Temp then, needs to be enabled from Registry

Go to registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\SystemSettings\

• Set "Debug_Sadlib = Yes"
  • Set "Debug_Sadlib_AD_Buffer_Size = 100 (Decimal) or 64 (Hex)". If the registry key is not present you can add it as a DWORD

Restart Apache Tomcat service after doing changes.

2. If this does not resolve, Cisco has fixed sadlib supporting Global Catalog in release 11.0.2. Only this 209 Mb fix needs to be downloaded & installed on all ICM Servers i.e Call and Data servers on both sides.

URL: cisco.com/Software downloads/customer collaboration/Optional for contact center solutions/Intelligent contact management/11.0.2

You can download Language binary as well.

3. Post then ES10_11_0_2.exe 3.50Mb engineering special needs to be installed to fix UCCEADMIN URL error "Error occurred: The request reached the server but it took too long to respond. Try reloading the page."

Download link: https://software.cisco.com/download/special/release.html?config=c53478a3f3df058b2cd8a6f2c364a26e

Only ICM would upgraded to 11.0.2 and rest OS would remain at 11.0.1.

this was troubleshooted with PDI team. Will update the thread once resolved.

Hope this help. Please rate helpful posts.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Just a logical thought if it is taking more than 5 mins , how about increasing the shinding timer to that level and give a try ?

Increased to 5,00,000ms though no luck. 

Is there any other process running in the system or network which slowing down the response from AD ? (firewall , Anti-virus,etc)

No Antivirus installed. Local system firewall is disabled except domain firewall.

Is TCP off-load turned off in the system ? All the UCCE servers need to turn it off.

Such settings is not defined in Installation guide. I did and on domain manager it takes 2-3mins to list Cisco_ICM root OU.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai