Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE 12.0 2k to 4k migration

C1SCiscoEng
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer who is upgrading from 11.5 PCCE 2k to 12 and wants to go to a 4k deployment once they are upgraded.  My question is if this is supported to change the deployment type without breaking the existing configuration from the 2k deployment, thus breaking reporting and associations.  I have not been able to find a document that talks about this and wanted to check here before opening a TAC case. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

piyushkhanna77
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCCE 4k (and 12k) is only supported for new, greenfield deployments in PCCE 12.0. Consequently, this isn't supported. The 4k deployment will need to be set up afresh.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
Yes, that change is completely supported and you won't break anything that you can't fix. My experience is that the Outbound Campaigns had to be re-created, but that was before all the Engineering Specials came out. I think that's all kosher now. You typically find stuff that breaks when you go down in deployment, not up.

So, its just a matter of rerunning the set deployment after we get to version 12 and then using the inventory tools to add the extra components?  Sounds straight forward enough.  I was just wondering if there was a white paper or tech reference doc to the migration.  

I havent found a whitepaper or TechNotes specifically for this, but this TechNote was helpful when it comes to importing the certificates: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/contact-center/packaged-contact-center-enterprise-1201/214845-manage-pcce-components-certificate-for-s.html

So as long as you pass the validator, you will be good from a deployment perspective.

C1SCiscoEng
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case on this since there was no supporting documentation.  The TAC response (and BU response) is that this is not a supported migration.  

"Migration from PCCE 2k to 4k or 12k is not supported, you can migrate from PCCE 2k to UCCE 4k or 12k but not from PCCE 2k to PCCE 4k or 12k"  

What a strange response... I literally just did this for a customer going from PCCE 11.5... we migrated to PCCE 12.0 2K and in the middle of Plan & Design, we had to go to 4K due to a big influx of agents, which forced us to break apart CUIC. And this passed A2Q

In your method did you just add the new components with the inventory tool once they were online? In a conversation with the TAC engineer, I believe the response is actually that it isn't a tested migration. Which makes it one of those "It will probably work, but it's at your own risk" type of scenarios.

In your method did you just add the new components with the inventory tool once they were online?

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I did a tech refresh (new gear). I made sure to have all my VMs up and running before running the validator tool. I got tripped up on the CUIC piece first, but I was good once I realized that I had to split those components up (CUIC, LD, IdS).

One thing I had to re-do was CUIC. I couldn't just backup and restore a combo server to a 4K that requires the components to be broken up. So lucky for me, the reports were from Stock and not custom SQL queries.

Correction on my original post... It wasnt 11.5, it was 11.6, although I doubt it matters.

That doesn't sound right at all. Can you have TAC confirm that the BU said this? or see if your AM can get you in contact with one of the product owner. It's escaping me who is in charge of PCCE, but the AM should know.

david

I spoke with the Cisco TAC engineer who spoke specifically about his conversation with the BU and he confirmed in an email. Though, the BU contact is never mentioned by name. I think it would be short-sighted not to support or not to have tested a PCCE 2k expansion to a PCCE 4k. We are escalating this and another issue through our management to Cisco.

Thanks everyone

piyushkhanna77
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCCE 4k (and 12k) is only supported for new, greenfield deployments in PCCE 12.0. Consequently, this isn't supported. The 4k deployment will need to be set up afresh.

Thanks.  Our management escalation confirmed the same.  Disappointing but we'll have to go down a different avenue.  

Dear All,

Currently, we are running PCCE 12.5.1 with Packaged CCE 2000  Agents reference model. And we are also planning for PCCE 2K to 4K deployment change. Please confirm this approach will support by Cisco or Not.

Also, confirm what is the required VM's to be installed for 4K.

As per my understanding, we can split CUIC, Live date, and Ids into 4 VMS. And I can add 1 Agent PG pair with Finesse Pub2 and Sub1. (  Live data 2 +Ids 2 +PG2A, 2B +2 Finesse Pub2 ,Finesse sub1 +2 =total 8 VM's)

We can’t disturb existing CUIC and will drop only live data Data source configuration and same will be created into new live data VM’s and same for Ids. ( CUIC we are having Stock and custom reports)

The remaining components we can ignore ( CUIC SUB2,3 and AW-HDS 3,4, CVP 1B,2B, CUCMsub1B,2B ). or

Please advise the best approach for the Design and Implementation change part. ( Because PCCE 2K setup is up and running with Huge call volume)

For A2Q will follow with Cisco.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi All,

In this case, can we add a Remote site ( PG2A/2B, CUCMsub3/4 and FinessePub2/sub1).

My concern we are running a PCCE 12.5.1 setup with a 2K Model.

In this case, can we add a Remote site ( PG2A/2B, CUCMsub3/4 and Finesse2APub/sub1)

As per cisco Dynamic Agents and Queues Limits Maximum Agents per PG – 600 Agents ( MaximumAgents for 2000 Agent Reference Design)

This means 600 include Main + remote site agents or per PG will support 600 agents. Please advise why because in my current setup we have 750 concurrent agents.

if I add a remote site my problem will solve or not please advise.

Capture.GIF

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Dear All,

We tried in LAB environment for 2K to 4K deployment option change but no luck. Finally, we open Cisco TAC for the final confirmation and shared the below Bug ID.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt76179

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: