Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE 2k integration with UCCX CUCM

Dear Team,

Currently, we are running UCCX 12.5.x and due to some features limitations planning to Implement PCCE 2K 12.5. x.

The customer will continue UCCX and a new Process will be added to the PCCE setup. But customers want to use UCCX CUCM for PCCE setup. ( 1 CUCM cluster for UCCX/PCCE)

We implemented the PCCE 2K model for CUCM off-box solutions and supported by Cisco. Now we want to know the above approach will support by Cisco or what is the best practice please advise.

Regards,

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
3 Replies 3

Do you have a single CUCM cluster? You can do what you describe, but the best practice as I understand is to have a separate cluster for UCCE/PCCE. That way you can isolate CCE from other changes/upgrades in your call processing infrastructure. Whether or not that will pass the Cisco A2Q (assessment to quality) review is another story all together. You will likely need to add some virtualization hosts that will be at least partly dedicated to the PCCE VM's. The A2Q review is a very detailed process and is not terribly forgiving.

I believe in the past you could have one UCM cluster supporting both (UCCX and CCE), but not sure with later versions.  As @Elliot Dierksen noted, you'll want to make sure Cisco A2Q approves of the design before you implement it since even if it works for you, if they don't approve it, you will have problems with support when you encounter an issue.

Thanks, Elliot & bill for the update. Sure will follow the A2Q process before that I am checking with the Cisco Account team for this approach. Once I get the feedback will update.

Regards,

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S