cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE and Remote Silent Monitoring

Wilfred Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone done any Remote Silent Monitoring with PCCE? I know that Cisco RSM is not supported with PCCE but are there any third party solutions that does this functionality?

5 Replies 5

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Wilfred,

Many of the Call Recording Solutions allow a real (or near real) time monitoring of calls.

I am 99% that Redbox does. Check to see if your call recording solution provides live playback of calls that are been recorded.

The other alternative is to have use standard CUCM Monitoring., and have a a WAN / VPN for the remote site and have the supervisor's phone register to the CUCM. You should not need a lot of BW.

Gerry

Gerry - Looking for a solution where the user can dial in from a PSTN phone and Monitor. Just like RSM.

Do you think red Box does this?

Cheers,

Wilfred

Wilfred,

I have done very little hands on (yet) with Redbox, so not 100% sure.

Below is a link to their live acquire feature, which shows you, you CAN do live monitoring of calls.

But how the audio is played back (onto PC / Phone) and if it would be possible to create a simple CVP app to get access to playback from PSTN I am not sure. I have asked (I feel like a redbox salesman!).

http://www.redboxrecorders.com/quantify/applications/#monitor-communications-in-real-time

Gerry

Wilfred,

The Redbox Live Acquire is standard feature, so no additional licensing required to enable it.

You can play back onto your PC or onto a extension.

A mobile or landline number (instead of an extension) could be be added by the supervisor and that number will be dialled and the call will playback when answered.

Note: The audio can be a few seconds behind the actual call (unlike real live monitoring).

Supervisor would still need web access to select the agent etc but the audio could be played

back onto the phone even if they are remote.

i.e. the user would need remote access to access the Redbox web interface.

Gerry

Thank you Gerry! Will look into it.

Cheers,

Wilfred